Recent content by pecck

1. pecck

Closet flange that fits inside 3" pipe?

Great advice, I sat the toilet on top as a test and sure enough it wasn't flush on the floor.
  2. pecck

That's what the directions say :-)
  3. pecck

It creates a tight seal around the flange.
  4. pecck

The gasket creates the seal, the opening is slightly smaller in diameter than the yellow gasket creating a tight seal when pushed through. I don't have to tools to cut away at the tile. Thanks as always for the help.
  5. pecck

Before I had the issue of the closet flange not sitting flat atop the spacers. This new kit is great, but the spacers are just a bit wider than the opening in my floor. I used the original Oatey spacers, then one of the spacers from the Oatey self-rite extender kit along with the gasket and...
  6. pecck

I'm out of ideas for the connection between the spacer and flange, both are by the same manufacturer. I was just about to say that I'm going to go and get this https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-Set-Rite-Plastic-7-125-in-in-Toilet-Flange-Extender-Kit-For/1000195003 from my local Lowe's. I should...
  7. pecck

Quick question, do these screw look okay?
  8. pecck

Right now I'm just making sure I've got all I need before I start doing something permanent. I'll be sure to check back in and give an update on how my project went. Thanks for the anchors advice.
  9. pecck

Sorry, I'll take a word of caution as a suggestion any day. But, I am happy to say that great minds think alike and I did purchase two spacers. In this image is both spacers with the closet flange about 1/2" off the tile. Do you think that's good, or another spacer would be better in this...
  10. pecck

Good advice, thank you. I'm using one spacer, I'll drill that into my subfloor, then add the closet flange on top also drilling that into my subfloor. Add an extra thick was ring (as suggested) and put the new toilet on. Sure learned a lot here, ready for anything toilet related now. Thank...
  11. pecck

I didn't know that about twisting it, thank you. Question though, should I start with the gasket at the bottom of the flange then twist or push the gasket to the top of the threads then twist? I assume righty tighty lefty loosy even for something like this?
  12. pecck

Thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to follow it. My 4th grader is looking forward to having her toilet back :-)
  13. pecck

Hey, that's a pretty nifty tool. Now I'm torn, do the right thing and get the tool or call it a day with the closet flange I just purchased. I did pick up a spacer while looking for the sandpaper. BTW - thank you everyone for all the amazing suggestions and great information you provided me.
  14. pecck

While I was out to pick up some sandpaper I found a closet flange that fits (see picture). It has a rubber gasket, the flange fits but by no means is it snug. My concern is even with the glue it won't create a tight seal because it isn't snug enough to adhere. Could I put a wax ring under the...
  15. pecck

That's an interesting take on my issue. Instead of sanding down the new closet flange you're suggesting I may be able to get away with sanding the inside of the pipe. I'll give that a shot first, sounds like a lot less sanding to me and that's music to my ears.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks