Recent content by PayKay223

1. PayKay223

Sewage smell coming from basement drain

How did you do that? What do I attach the trap to?
  2. PayKay223

I took a couple of pictures of the drain. As I said, it's just a hole in the floor. I could try to pour the water down with the bleach but I can't imagine that will work considering how bad it smelled the last time water was poured down.
  3. PayKay223

The drain does not have any sort of cover. It can't really have a cover because of the pipes that run to it and sit above it. I can't really view any water at all when I look down the drain. Should this type of drain have some sort of cover? Seems strange that I would have to flush it out with...
  4. PayKay223

No. We poured it slowly down the drain and it never stopped at all or came up.
  5. PayKay223

Jeff, That's how we poured it in originally. We poured it from a pitcher in a small stream. That's when we got the horrible smell the next day. It seems like anytime we run water in the house or water comes in from rain, snow, etc., the smell gets worse.
  6. PayKay223

Hi. I was hoping someone could help me. I'm a new homeowner and since I bought my home in December, we have had a sewage smell that has gotten worse. Originally we couldn't figure out where it was coming from but we narrowed it down until we found it is coming from the drain in the ground for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks