Recent content by paul8028081

1. paul8028081

Water Softener, Do I have the right plan?

Hello all, Thanks in advance for any help on this thread. Finally got a professional lab to test my water sample and here are the results for the key areas that are above the state recommended threshold: Water Source: Well Hardness: 129 mg/L or 7.54 grains Iron: 6.45 mg/L Manganese: .47/ mg/L...
  2. paul8028081

Trouble with Hach 5 test

I think you might be onto something. I tested the water in the following formats with a different brand of test strips and it's clear the iron filter isn't working as well as it should, putting more work on the softener. I haven't had time to do the dilution with the hach test but I also found...
  3. paul8028081

Trouble with Hach 5 test

Not sure about those details, based on my research here our softener is the joke of the carlot....we have a WHES30 www.amazon.com/dp/B004TT8J3I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gz6mCb4VJQZAF and a 1.0 cubic foot BIRM iron filter in front of the softener. The iron filter backwashes daily and we have 5ppm...
  4. paul8028081

Trouble with Hach 5 test

I have been meaning to have a lab test the water but $$ is in tight supply right now. I have a BIRM iron filter, I'll take a sample after that with the softener on bypass and try then. Assuming my hardness is 225 ppm/ about 13 gpg, is our current softener size 30,000 grains an appropriate set...
  5. paul8028081

Trouble with Hach 5 test

I'll give that a shot tomorrow. We have high iron content in the untreated water, I wonder if that is messing with the kit.
  6. paul8028081

Trouble with Hach 5 test

Hi All, I have a whirlpool softener that I'm looking to ensure is working effectively and have purchased the test strip type water analysis tests in the past. Wanting something more accurate, I purchased the hach 5b test. I tested it on my treated water and after one drop the water turned...
  7. paul8028081

The dishwasher and washing machine problem

Excellent, thank you. I'll double check the measurements to be safe, we have a 7 1/2 foot basement height and I insulated with rigid foam last summer, based on the temp range it wants to be within 45-80 degrees for optimal performance, which the basement should be within 95% of the time.
  8. paul8028081

My gas supply line would need to be replaced with a larger size if I added another appliance on it, which is an added expense I don't want to have at this point. I'm on propane. Rebate applies to new installs as well, just checked the rebate website.
  9. paul8028081

We have a Laars Combi tankless boiler which has served us well for the past few years. However with a growing family it really doesn't handle the washing needs well. As others have posted the water sensing/eco modes our clothes and dishwasher have really prevent them from ever receiving hot...
  10. paul8028081

Softener and iron filter combo

Apologies for the detail here :) When we bought our house (built in early '70s) I had a separate water inspection by a reputable water/pump company completed as we are on a private well. They determined the system needed an iron filter and a new softener (it was original). They spec'ed: 1.5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks