Recent content by Patcs2

1. Patcs2

How to replumb this for disposer?

Thanks for the replies. Realized I'd never posted to say I hired a plumber to handle the mess under the kitchen sink. He installed the disposer and high-looped the dishwasher drain tube before tying into the tee. Also put a Studor Mini-Vent in there to provide the missing venting. We're on a...
  2. Patcs2

How to replumb this for disposer?

Just bought this house and want to add a disposer under the double kitchen sink. The "flipper" we're buying from moved the sink from across the kitchen and the new one isn't tied into the vent stack. Our home inspector said the nearest vent is seven or eight feet away...inaccessible and too far...
  3. Patcs2

Shower Pressure/ Diverter problem?

Greenboard on backside Jim- The greenboard is only on the backside of that wall (it's a privacy wall behind which is the toilet). So the shower wall with all the plumbing inside -- from outside going in -- is sealed tile/ thinset/ hardibacker/ tarpaper. I just figured that if the shower head...
  4. Patcs2

Shower diverter goes halfway? Grateful for all the help on earlier dilemmas I posted. I'm nearing the end of what wasn't supposed to be a leisurely project but turned into one... Another question though: I put the tub/shower trim on this morning and even with the diverter turned all the way...
  5. Patcs2

rambit So would the rambit work if I cut the metal flange off the top? Then what I'd have is a short 3" piece of ABS (the bottom 3/4" or so of the flange) inside the larger 4" ABS drain.
  6. Patcs2

No plan to have a stepdown from the toilet area. I'm at the slab level now and want to have the new floor all at the same height. The stepdown would save me having to dig into the concrete though... The idea behind getting a 4" inch flange to "slip over" the drain pipe rather than a 4-to-3...
  7. Patcs2

The drain goes down more than a foot before the bend, so the rambit might be just the ticket! If the drain is 4", I'd get the PF-27 listed below, correct? I don't have the steadiest hands (several strokes following two heart surgeries :o) and might get a find to help with this. I'm just a...
  8. Patcs2

Oh, well... that's what I was afraid of... Here are a couple pictures I remembered I had that I guess will only reinforce the need to have the slab busted out. The first shows the flange in relation to the old tile and mortar bed (sitting on top, like it's s'posed to). The second shows the...
  9. Patcs2

I'm new here...lucky for me, I found the forum just as I'm starting a bathroom renovation. I see several threads dealing with toilet falnge questions, but can't find the answer to my particular question (either that or I didn't recognize the answer when I saw it...always a possibility:o). The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks