Recent content by Pat5600

1. Pat5600

No brine draw & high salt usage

OK Great! Nice explanation, will keep it at 6. Pat
  2. Pat5600

Had some success today, hoping it is permanent. Verified that all the lines are clear. Replaced the drain line and opened up the back of the controller. Put a little silicone grease on the cam and ran a BD, no draw. Removed the hose off of the float and placed it into a jar of water, still...
  3. Pat5600

Yes I do. Just did a D/L. of the service manual UPDATE: Removed all the water via a hand pump this afternoon. Measurements were about 3/8" brine. Did a 6 minute BF and the measured level is 6.25". Will let it sit overnight, remeasure and then do a regen tomorrow. Bought a new clear drain...
  4. Pat5600

I took out the brine water down to just above the bottom grate. Next time I checked it, 1 maybe 2 regens it was back up again. (measured it this a.m. and it was 15 inches). Have not checked when brine fills, but guess will have to do it in the day time. I loosened the connector to the float...
  5. Pat5600

Greetings, Noticed that the brine tank has 15" of water in it, (normal 3-4") and I am seeing the salt level go down about 1 ft over 2 weeks. Things that I have do so far. I have removed all but about 3 inches of excess water, next gen the level was high again. 1. removed brine line, drain...
  6. Pat5600

Low water pressure after several minutes

Thanks. The garden hose that was used was connected to the interior plumbing. [A dumb pluming job by builder mentioned in post #1, 9]. Yes the old resin might be described a well cooked "cheese grits" New was like course sand??
  7. Pat5600

Last tuesday, decided to change out the resin. Let the salt get near the bottom so as to make movement easier. Once the resin tank was disconnected and the controller removed, moved it to the end of my driveway and placed a giant beach towel under the opening to catch the old resin. This took...
  8. Pat5600

Tx for that reply. YES confirming that I do have the paddlewheel. You siad "Remember that your yard watering and pool filling does not go thru the softener." This is an area that I can't seem to get my head around" Once the water exits the WS, it feeds the whole house including 2 of the 3...
  9. Pat5600

Tx for that reply. I ended up making a spreadsheet to change the BLFC variables to see the effect and I too came up with 2.75 gallons (8.25 lbs salt) :O). Thinking that 0.75 lbs of salt saving, to me might not be worth the effort??? Pat
  10. Pat5600

Tx for that answer. Yes BLFC is 0.5 (1.5 gallons). My understanding now, I should change BF = 6. This should give me 9 lbs salt?? Tx, Pat
  11. Pat5600

At the moment, I do not have a pressure switch/gauge. Its city water. I have a guage, but have not installed it yet.
  12. Pat5600

Greetings Having a problem with water pressure for the last 6-8 months. In the shower after about 2-3 minutes the pressure drops about half pressure. Other faucets, hose bibs etc also lose pressure. I can use an outside garden hose and it will gradually lose pressure, turn it off for 30...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks