Recent content by Pat N

1. Pat N

Adapter advice and compression fitting nomenclature

I'd like to pursue the nomenclature question a little if you wouldn't mind. Your garden variety compression fitting has a ferrule on a copper tube that's compressed when the nut is tightened. So, that's a nut and ferrule. What is the end of a flexible ss hose that you would use to attach to a...
  2. Pat N

Hi Terry, thanks for your info. I found exactly what I needed at dahl-eco: https://www.dahlvalve.com/products/mini-ball-valves/supply-stops/iron/supply-stops-614-53-01.php thanks again.
  3. Pat N

Terry, does this come as a 1/2 inch female NPT inlet and 1/2 inch male NPT outlet?
  4. Pat N

First, the nomenclature. If I were to buy a 3/8 inch outlet compression shutoff valve, I would be looking at a male threaded outlet, with a ferrule and end cap. The expected usage would be to insert 3/8 copper through the end cap, then the ferrule, into the valve and tighten down the end cap...
  5. Pat N

Practical knowledge regarding braided stainless supply lines.

This pump will be used with adapters at my most distant usage and will be using the hot water pipes for the recirculating. I do not have an independent recirc system and this is the recommended installation method. I think I'm good with installing where I have it, but am looking for info about...
  6. Pat N

Practical knowledge regarding braided stainless supply lines.

So I'm planning on installing a recirc pump on my hot h2o tank. See pix. The current hot line is 3/4 " copper. I plan on attaching the pump directly to the hot water tank, and was also planning to use a braided supply line to give me some 'wiggle room' for where I attach to the copper on the...
  7. Pat N

What pressure will I get at the spigot outlet?

My reason for swapping out the sillcock for traditional bibb, is that they seem problematic - if something goes wrong, they are way over engineered to easily trouble shoot/repair. I have 2 out of 3 originals - (all 20 yrs old, so I give them that. Tho I don't know when they went bad. I just...
  8. Pat N

Hi Jeff, thanks for your answer/info. You're right in that I'm concerned about the velocity. My thinking was that pressure at the exit equals velocity. I'm concerned that with the 1/2 inch pipe, when I use the spigot without a hose, for example to fill a bucket, that the spray will be...
  9. Pat N

So my house has 3/4 in copper plumbing. I'm replacing the frostfree sillcocks (10 inches long with fancy-schmancy devices for those who can't remember to shut off their outside h2o in the winter), with simple standard hose bibbs. Here's my question: When replacing the sillcock, I can either use...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks