Recent content by parity_check

1. parity_check

Moving Whirlpool fixture, no good options!

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. The wall mount isn't an option because I have all the parts purchased and the wife doesn't like the "telephone" faucets. Mounting on the left is possible, however I the handles will swing into the tub rim so I will need to locate them elsewhere or raise the...
  2. parity_check

Moving Whirlpool fixture, no good options!

Hello, I'm renovating my bathroom but keeping the existing non-jetted whirlpool soaker tub. Many years ago the builders installed the faucet in the back right corner. I have covered the old holes with caps. I'm trying to relocate them to another spot due to the following reasons: The spout...
  3. parity_check

American Standard Cadet Pro, 215CA.004

Is this one of the Cadets where users report having to hold down the handle for the entire flush period? I like this model but can't figure out which ones have this annoying feature.
  4. parity_check

Need to raise drainpipes for hanging vanity

I forgot that I can just turn the santee to face outward! I am going to dry fit that and also open up the wall to raise for elbows for the vent since I don't wan't to go out and buy 45's. I'll give it a shot today after work. Thanks everyone!
  5. parity_check

What if I extend the vertical run above the sanitary? I can go as far vertical as I need, I would just remove more drywall. The santee is upside down.
  6. parity_check

Yes it needs to be to the right otherwise the "U" shape void where the vanity drawer is will not align with the drain pipe. All of this work is to center the plumbing into a small 10" x 10" space.
  7. parity_check

And I noticed the sanitary tee is upside down. I'll fix that before glueing it all together.
  8. parity_check

So, I dry fitted the pieces together. Did not use the shielded coupling on the pipe sticking out of the stud because I would have to flip the street elbow over and it would raise the height of the final drain pipe an extra inch that is a little too much. I'll use the shielded coupling on top...
  9. parity_check

Hmm, I thought the purpose of the street elbow was to a avoid using a short piece of pipe? The existing pipe goes right into one end of the shielded coupling, then the street elbow goes into the other? Now I am getting confused, but I think if I buy a bunch of fittings I can probably just piece...
  10. parity_check

See above in one of my earlier postings, it is about 8"
  11. parity_check

So, Here is the spec sheet of the standard long sweep elbow. Not sure if I am reading this correctly but it looks like I gain about 1/4" if clearance using the street + shielded coupling compared to just sticking the long sweep (non street) fitting on. Wondering if that 1/4" makes any...
  12. parity_check

I think I have located the item: https://www.grainger.com/product/FERNCO-300-Stainless-Steel-2ZJ83 Thanks to both contributors here. I will pick up these fittings and give it a try later this week. Cheers
  13. parity_check

My local supply house carries these sweeps. Do you know one do I need? They list two, both seem very similar to me. I am not familiar with the shielded couplers. I'm not able to find any listed at Grainger for 1-1/2" size.
  14. parity_check

It is 1-1/2" pipe. The midpoint of the vent pipe is 8" from the stud.
  15. parity_check

Thanks, I will try that. won't hurt to buy the parts and see if they fit.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks