Recent content by Parasound

1. Parasound

Where to place the check valve? Attached to the sump pump, or above the bsmt floor?

Thx. Just curious, why above the pit vs one that screws into the pump? Like this one? https://www.amazon.com/SUPERIOR-99507-SC125B-American-Thermoplastic/dp/B06X1CT5BN/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=sump%2Bpump%2Bcheck%2Bvalve&qid=1696730305&sr=8-5&th=1
  2. Parasound

Where to place the check valve? Attached to the sump pump, or above the bsmt floor?

I’m replacing our 20 year old 1/3 HP ACE branded sump pump. The old check valve was screwed directly into the old sump pump. I read that some recommend the check valve should be higher, just above the basement floor level? (maybe so the pump doesn’t have to work as much to initially push as much...
  3. Parasound

Is bacteria growth in water softener while snow birding an issue?

Water source - municipal (chlorinated) or private well (un-chlorinated)? Municipal (chlorinated) Hardness of incoming water before softener? 13 gpg Capacity of the existing softener? If unknown, what are the dimensions of the media tank (not the brine tank)? 20 year old AquaMagic, Cabinet...
  4. Parasound

Is bacteria growth in water softener while snow birding an issue?

Our water softener is around 20 years old and I have been trying to prolong it's life by using Res Care and Iron Out to clean the resin. However I think it's time to replace it because it is giving us itchy dry skin, scratchy clothes and deposits on the shower surrounds, plus some issues below...
  5. Parasound

How to set Autotrol 460i demand controller

The resin is in a round tank that is ~ 35" tall, with a diameter ~ 10". (mineral tank?) It is mounted inside a rectangular salt tank which is 22" x 13" and 35" tall. I see a small dial on the side of the controller with a range of 3 to 19. A little arrow on the dial is pointing to 8. We are in...
  6. Parasound

Thanks for the 5B kit suggestion. Please see my response to "Old" from Nebraska here also. Could you explain in a little more detail,
  7. Parasound

The resin is in a tank that is ~ 35" tall, with a diameter ~ 10". (mineral tank?) It is mounted inside the salt tank which is 22" x 13" and 35" tall. I see a small dial on the side of the controller with a range of 3 to 19. A little arrow on the dial is pointing to 8. We are in a city ~ 200k...
  8. Parasound

I'm just a non-plumber homeowner and I'm trying to understand how to set my water softener. According to our city water department our water is a blend of aquifer and City water. Hardness from the city plant is 15.5 grains per gallon and from the aquifer hardness is 9.8 gpg. So to guestimate...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks