Recent content by Panda

1. Panda

nonmechanical female desperate for advice on new pump and tank for well

I got the pump lowered in the well. It was really fun figuring it out. I am not being sarcastic. I really had a good time doing it. It made me feel really good to tackle it on my own without paying anyone. Especially because everybody said I couldn't do it. I did have to get help with shoving...
  2. Panda

plastic or stainless steel motor support?

I have the stainless steel discharge head. But I have the plastic motor support. Well, our water is acidic so I'll just go ahead and install the pump with the plastic motor support.
  3. Panda

I have the metal discharge head. But I have the plastic motor support. I have not taken it out of the box yet. I am wondering if I should leave it untouched and return it and get the steel motor support or whether it even matters.
  4. Panda

I feel so stupid that I did not notice that there were two options for this. The motor support is at the bottom of the pump behind the mesh screen. What will be the difference between plastic and stainless steel for the motor support? http://www.lancasterpump.com/documents/sumbpumpcovercut.pdf
  5. Panda

Lancaster Pumps

For those of you who are familiar with Lancaster, what would be the difference in performance/longevity between buying a pump with a plastic motor support versus the same pump with a stainless steel motor support. The Lancaster Survivor comes with both options...
  6. Panda

Lancaster Pumps

I am sorry. I don't know. Call 717-397-3521 on Monday but not too late in the afternoon because they are Eastern standard time and ask them where you can buy their pumps. I talked to someone named Gary who was really helpful.
  7. Panda

For where to buy the Lancaster pump, I would call Lancaster Pumps directly and ask them if they have a local distributor in your area. Call them on Monday, remember Pennsylvania is 3 hours ahead of California so you can start calling pretty early in the morning but not too late in the afternoon...
  8. Panda

Lancaster Pumps

I have to admit I did feel a teeny little warm fuzzy when I saw they are made in an area that is not far from me. And I really like it that they are not owned by any big fish company. Everytime I see a big fish eat a little fish, the little fish company always seems stop producing quality...
  9. Panda

They are good people, aren't they? Seems like a very honest company that really wants to make the best product they can. Like you said, one of the old time companies that hasn't been bought out... and for whom making a good product is as important as making a profit. But they are in Amish...
  10. Panda

Lancaster Pumps

I have been trying to choose a new pump to replace a broken one. I am not a contractor. I am a homeowner with a broken old Water Ace pump that was here when we bought the house. But I thought that other people in my position might want to know what I found. So I came across a pump made by...
  11. Panda

Can frozen pipes cause pump to break?

Oh, got it. So you are talking about the pipes between the well and the tank not the pipes between the tank and the house freezing. That totally makes sense. Maybe we are ok, then. Because the tank is in a pit that is never heated. So if the pipes in there froze then we are going to have to...
  12. Panda

Valveman, The pump I am thinking about buying is called a Lancaster. Ever heard of it? Can the Cycle Stop Valve be put on AFTER the system is installed or is it easier to do before? Can I do the Cycle Stop Valve installation myself? I am female so keep that in mind. I know a lot about...
  13. Panda

Yeah, it is pretty funny if you look at the Berkeley and hfmyers websites because they both sell something called an intellikit and it is so obvious that they are the exact same product marketed under two different brands.
  14. Panda

Hi Valveman, Is xtrol the amtrol, cus that is what I bought. I did want to buy the 250 but the cement hole that opens to the pump room is only 16x20 or 20X20 at best if we remove an old rusted ladder that leads down into it (which might mean cutting the rusted bolts off and then having to move...
  15. Panda

Can frozen pipes cause pump to break?

Oh, crap. So maybe we had a frozen pipe somewhere. Is it a for sure that the frozen pipe will also be a broken pipe later? Now that the weather has been thawing during the day, would we be seeing a puddle of water somewhere if there are broken pipes or is it possible that there won't be a sign...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks