Recent content by Outdoorbum

1. Outdoorbum

Waterproofing Hardie

Whats the best method to waterproof Hardie and then paint over it? The Hardie will be set above acrylic shower walls and I've read that Redgard can often crack, and may be difficult to paint. I also thought about kerdi, but I wasn't sure how easily that adhered to Hardie. I'm assuming I'd...
  2. Outdoorbum

Gap Between Acrylic Wall and Drywall

So I just tore out the drywall to the ceiling and will do Hardie from the ceiling down to the top of the shower walls. Can Hardie be waterproofed on top and painted?
  3. Outdoorbum

Directly to the studs, so now that I look at it, drywall over the shower wall flange will not sit flush with the existing drywall. Its a 1/4" flange so maybe 1/4" hardi would do the trick?
  4. Outdoorbum

I'm looking for suggestions on how to fill a 2.5 " gap between the top of an acrylic shower wall and the existing drywall. I understand the smart thing to do is probably rip out the dry wall and install hardi or greeenboard from the ceiling down to the top of the wall, but I was hoping to avoid...
  5. Outdoorbum

Waterproofing Under Acrylic Shower Pan

I got an Oatey liner that will fit perfect in the alcove and I like your suggestion as opposed to just putting the mortar straight on the subfloor.
  6. Outdoorbum

Also, if the surround walls are also acrylic (part of a kit) would you put a vapor barrier behind them on the studs? I plan on having unfaced insulation in the walls, and 2 of the walls are exterior walls. I understand that its possible to get condensation on a barrier if its hot outside and...
  7. Outdoorbum

What support material would you suggest under the pan?
  8. Outdoorbum

Does anyone have a suggestion or advice for waterproofing under an Aquatic brand shower pan? I've read posts that say its not necessary, but after replacing rotted subfloor from an old tub, I have no problem with overkill if it prevents water damage. I thought about Redguard over the plywood...
  9. Outdoorbum

Basement Pre-fab shower

What is the recommended method for installing a pre-fab shower in a basement where one wall is concrete block? I don't know if I should put a kerdi building panel over the block and then anchor the shower walls to that or what would be best. The wall is generally dry, but I can only assume...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks