Recent content by Oswald Tay

1. Oswald Tay

Help with wet vent with toilet and shower!

Thank you! Would you say this general map of the turning in the wet vent is acceptable? Also, what are the sloping requirements, and turning requirements for the dry vent part?
  2. Oswald Tay

Also, do the rules in this picture below apply?
  3. Oswald Tay

Ok, thanks! Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what LT means...
  4. Oswald Tay

Ok, and are there any restrictions as to how long the wet vent can be? I'll need to bring it through the wall for about 4 feet, then down into the floor to connect to the shower drain with a wye fitting. Is it ok to have sharp turns in the wet vent or anything like that?
  5. Oswald Tay

Thank you. The sketch below is standing facing the lavatory. If I understand you correctly, the blue pipe going down to the wye in the shower drain can be any angle even vertical, correct? But the small bit of p-trap arm that connects at the light blue circle via a sanitary tee has to be sloped...
  6. Oswald Tay

I am also wondering what material I should use for the system, is PVC ok (I see a lot of people using it for plumbing under the concrete slab), or is ABS better? Again, I'm new to plumbing...
  7. Oswald Tay

This is extremely helpful! So you are saying that I could use an AAV, and that would act as a vent for the entire bathroom group? I also have the ability to do a 2" vent that ties back into the main stack, but of course that would be a lot of hole drilling... Which option do you think is better...
  8. Oswald Tay

Thank you for all the advice! The shower that I will be buying says it's around 1.75 gpm. But I want to be as safe as possible with the drainage system, so do you think I can have the shower drain and the wet vent from the lavatory all be 2"? Or is there a maximum on the pipe size? Also, I am...
  9. Oswald Tay

This is my idea, and I don't have room to have a vent for the sink tie into the main stack, so I would just use a mini-vent, like the example below:
  10. Oswald Tay

Ok, thank you. Also, if I wanted to actually tie in a sink into this drainage system under the floor, could I just add it in with a wye off the 3" toilet pipe, and a mini-vent device at the trap?
  11. Oswald Tay

So, I have a 3" pipe which is the drain for the toilet, a 3" to 2" wye off the toilet pipe, then the shower drain and the vent going up the wall are all 2" pipes. And you are saying that the vent in the wall must be at least 3" away from toilet drain pipe. Is all that correct?
  12. Oswald Tay

Thank you! I forgot to include the wall that will be between the shower and the toilet. If I'm understanding your reply correctly, would the following design be acceptable then?
  13. Oswald Tay

Hi, I am relatively new to plumbing, and I am simply wondering it the design in the picture below is acceptable in terms of venting and wet venting? I am renovating an old basement half bathroom. The drain for the sink is already taken care of, but I am just not sure about the drainage and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks