Recent content by Osage Hills Craig

1. Osage Hills Craig

Need to know if well heat lamp is working

I found a thermometer that keeps a history and can be read remotely, i.e. I don't have to open my pumphouse to see what the temperature has been. I got a Govee H5074 with the Bluetooth connection. I'm using a Thermocube to turn my heat on at 35Deg and off at 45Deg; but I've always had to open...
  2. Osage Hills Craig

CSV behavior when dripping faucetts

I've recently rebuilt my pump house. I get my water from a rural coop, but I have to boost it since the main is approximately 100' below my house. It consists of: 300 Gallon buried cistern (plastic), that provides a buffer in case the main pressure drops. The pump house sits approximately...
  3. Osage Hills Craig

Pump Controls Issues on Pump acting as Booster

History I've had a pump house for 22 years that is directly attached to the rural water main. This pump boosted the pressure because the main is about 120' below the house. This pump house is roughly 45' below the house. The builder installed a 1.5HP shallow well pump, with a bladder tank...
  4. Osage Hills Craig

1-1/2" or 2" pipe from well to storage tank?

You didn't say how long a run you had from your pump to the storage tank, but you did say you were considering PVC. With PVC, you'll have a joint every 20'. You can get polyethylene pipe in 500' or 100' rolls. Many less joints, although the C-Pak connectors (brass compression), are about $30...
  5. Osage Hills Craig

1-1/2" or 2" pipe from well to storage tank?

I'm certainly no engineer, but I've got experience pumping water up my hill. I've got 2 pump houses now (just finished the 2nd one). I know the specifics of the 2nd one the best so I'll describe it. My pump house (where the pump is) is approximately 35' below the house that it supplies. The...
  6. Osage Hills Craig

Pump House on a Hill - Design

It does happen, although not in the last couple of years. We get our water via a rural COOP, which buys it from a city municipality. A water main break, at the wrong place, can give us a disruption of service. It doesn't happen often, but the issue is I don't have a great way of sensing it...
  7. Osage Hills Craig

I plan on putting a gauge on the input side.
  8. Osage Hills Craig

I've enjoyed all the dialog. Let me clarify one thing. My pressure switch is 80-100 psi; so there's lots of gap between the switch and anything being discussed. I lose about 40 psi between the pump house and the house, so I'm delivering ~55 psi to the house. My house is 40' higher than the...
  9. Osage Hills Craig

My 2-story house sits on top of a hill (roughly 100' elevation from main). I've lived there 18 years and the pump house that my builder installed has worked flawlessly with one short-coming. We get our water from a water main (no wells in our area, due to rock). He put a pump house about 60'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks