Recent content by originaltwotone

1. O

Double sink sharing single drain/vent on far side.

Thanks again for the input. Everything you see is original. It was annoying because inside the old vanity there was barely any room under the P-traps. The new vanity is one with feet and open underneath, so I need to move things up. If I'm having to redo things, trying to correct all the crap...
  2. O

I apologize I didn't give a complete picture, there a vent running left to right ~ 8'' above the drywall cut. What do you both think of the below?
  3. O

Once again thanks. The stack is also venting a tub that's behind where I took the picture from so it needs to stay. If I'm uunderstanding you correctly I believe what I have below would work. I borrowed the picture from another post I just found. White is the current stack and yellow would be...
  4. O

Wanye, once again thanks for replying, you helped tremendously with my previous post. It's around 48'' and I'm actually moving both inward towards each other and up, so that distance is getting shorter. Excuse the ignorance on terms, when you say combo, I believe that means a curved wye? That...
  5. O

Based on the advice I received in another thread and some of the reading I've done on here it is my understanding that a sani-t shouldn't be used in a horizontal position. This is my current plumbing, but I need to move the drains and want to make sure it's correct. Is the drain on the right...
  6. O

Shower P Trap

Thanks for taking so much time to help me out. Yes the yellow vent is already there. The shower wall and linen closet are not in plane- so that's out. I think my best option is the separate sink drains you proposed. I kept my drawing simple, but the the vent coming of the stack is already a...
  7. O

Shower P Trap

Wanye, thanks for your patience. I'm not trying to move any fixtures, I just had a gut feeling when I took apart to find the leak, it wasn't done right to begin with. I had a few estimates done, all in the 3k+ range and not one mentions correcting the venting.
  8. O

Shower P Trap

Wayne- I figured as much. Does the Main stack vent function as the shower vent trhough the 3'' drain? It's 48'' from the p-trap
  9. O

Shower P Trap

First I want to thank everyone again for their help. Some things came up and the project had to be put on hold, but I had decided to dry vent the shower through the shower wall into the attic and connect to the main stack vent which I assumed was up in the attic. Well of course, nothing in this...
  10. O

Shower P Trap

So with that do you agree that my only choice is to move the sink drain to the right and send the tub there as well as long as I can get the slope correct?
  11. O

Shower P Trap

Wayne- thanks for your patience. I'm shocked any of this passed inspection. I doubt my sink drains are at a proper slope as it is. I have 9'' joist. As far as I've been able to research, you shouldn't drill holes within the top/bottom 2'' of joists. That means the pipe center line starts at 6''...
  12. O

Shower P Trap

I don't think I have a choice but to remove some more floor. Amy thoughts on my proposed changes?
  13. O

Shower P Trap

First off I wanted to that you all for the help. Its hard to trust a 'pro' when you read so many horro stories of supposedly professionals doing it wrong. It's 4'' to the centerline of the sink drainline from the drywall. When you look at the second picture, my concern is that at that height...
  14. O

Shower P Trap

Here is from the backside of picture #2 with a 2'' and 1.5'' P-Trap resting on the drywall. So it seems I'm going to have to rip out the sink drain and raise it in order to get the 3'' line high enough for the shower PTrap to work. I think I might have to go 1.5 ptrap because when I raise the...
  15. O

Shower P Trap

Even switching to smaller pipe, the P-trap will still be above the height of the 3'' pipe. I can't raise the 3'' pipe and it's basically on the drywall ceiling, I'd still have to 45 the ptrap down to the 3''-2'' plug in the Wye.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks