Recent content by OnlyWhnChasd

1. OnlyWhnChasd

Well Pump Tripping Circuit Breaker

Okay, I'll definitely check that out. Thanks for the link, DonL!
  2. OnlyWhnChasd

The only thing on that breaker is the well pump and pressure tank. Water heater, heat pumps, lights, washer/dryer, etc. all have other breakers. So... final word, is a 25 amp breaker the correct size for a 3/4 HP pump? And if so, would the fact that the breaker is tripping (and nothing is...
  3. OnlyWhnChasd

Ha! You are correct, of course. We recently moved from a municipality where we averaged around $800 per year for water. So of course a $3000 well pump that will last 15 years or so is indeed a good investment. Doesn't make the check any less painful to write though!
  4. OnlyWhnChasd

Checked the wire, it is #12. I don't know how old the pump is. The house itself was built in 1989 and we just bought it about six months ago. I'm looking at the controller and it lists a model of Goulds pump that was available in its 2009 product catalog (came up when I Googled) so maybe not...
  5. OnlyWhnChasd

We've stopped doing anything that taxes the well pump for extended periods--no kiddie pools this summer! Hopefully the pump hasn't been damaged. :( Now I'm nervous to try and run it to failure to troubleshoot it for fear it will fail completely. Since it doesn't happen during the course of...
  6. OnlyWhnChasd

Back the the breaker--I misread your previous post and I think I'm misunderstanding the breakers. It is not a 2-pole 50 amp. It is a 2-pole with each switch labeled 25 amp--like the picture you posted above only 25 on the labels instead of 50. So perhaps the breaker is about right then as a...
  7. OnlyWhnChasd

Interesting about the breaker. I always figured more was better so I never thought you could have one that was too large. I will look at having that swapped out. That would be awesome if that was the fix. I'm currently having visions of needing a new well pump--something that I would imagine is...
  8. OnlyWhnChasd

Reach4, it is on a 2-pole (I think that's what you call them) 50 amp breaker--two 25s that are "connected" together so it is one switch. Valveman, that is a great question. I am embarrassed to say I don't know. How do I tell when the pump is running? That seems like such a stupid question. I'm...
  9. OnlyWhnChasd

Hello, I've read through a couple of other threads on here regarding well pumps and circuit breaker issues but haven't come across a scenario quite like what we are dealing with, so I'm hoping for some help. :) Our well pump trips the breaker after running the water for an extended period of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks