Recent content by oneskinnydave

1. oneskinnydave

Sewage Ejector Pump - Float Switch Tripping GFCI

Just wanted to report back - sure enough, that extra fancy harbor freight multi-meter doesn't do meg ohms - so I dummy tested it - got a new float switch, and just plugged it in and manually engaged it - no tripping, etc. Not the worst/worst case scenario where I needed to replace the entire...
  2. oneskinnydave

Ah - didn't even think to test the resistance....this is why I come on here - good to know! I want to say the tripping happens when the switch is triggered (levels rise to turn on the pump) but then immediately trips the gfci - but even with the levels high enough turn on the float switch - I...
  3. oneskinnydave

Hi All! My googling has led me to a bit of an empty spot for answers, so I thought I would check here! I have a sewage ejector pump for a basement bathroom (toilet, sink, tub/shower) - a fairly standard model from home depot (Everbilt 3/4 HP Cast Iron Sewage Ejector Pump ESE60W-HD). We...
  4. oneskinnydave

Upgrading failed 50 gal WH - Hybrid, Mixing valves, boosters, etc.

Yeah - I was trying to get any info from my electric company about that - but they aren't allowed to discuss it. I might keep trying to call back and see if I can sweet talk someone into dishing it out! The most annoying part of the process is AO Smith is giving me 30 days for the RMA to be...
  5. oneskinnydave

Thanks all for the super helpful input - .02c, etc :) I think I'm just going to go with a 50 gal hybrid - look for the one that has the highest combined recovery rate (though I think they are all similar) - and then definitely do a tempering valve and leave room to figure out a recirculation...
  6. oneskinnydave

Ah interesting, had though of some of these ideas for sure. I think we had our previous water tanks in series, but it was a 75 + 50 gallon setup...which come to think of it meant it may have been parallel? We did have the house replumbed had polybutylene piping throughout, I’m not sure the...
  7. oneskinnydave

Hey All, Been perusing this awesome forum for a few days - super helpful info already gathered but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. We moved into a house about 4 years ago that had 2 aging WH (electric) - shocker both of them died within a month of us moving in! We were pretty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks