Recent content by omo

1. O

Backerboard questions for cultured marble shower

Do you think greenboard is superior to Durock for this application?
  2. O

Thanks for your help, Jim. I am bothering the forum with these questions because the manufacturer's instructions are very vague. Nothing is said about vapor barriers or what type of backer is recommended. I have even called the manufacturer with questions and have not been given satisfactory...
  3. O

I ordered my cultured marble shower today and want to make sure all my ducks are in a row before it arrives. I have a few questions about backerboard. 1.) Is durock sufficient backing material. I had read somewhere that it may not be strong enough by itself and should be used in...
  4. O

Opening needed for 60" tub

Is sthis a fiberglass or acrylic tub you are talking about? I am about to change out my tub/shower too, and from all the research I have done, I have learned that these tubs are installed, THEN the drywall is installed over them. The previous post is probably right. If you cut away the...
  5. O

No tiling flange...Is this OK?

I am finally ready to order my cultured marble shower. Just as I'm about to place the order, I notice that the picture of the shower pan shows no tiling flange. I call the company, and, sure enough, they don't put a tiling flange on their shower bases. I am not going to be tiling the walls...
  6. O

Questions about replacing a shower

I really love the look of tile, but I have scrubbed grout for too many years. I'll have tile again when I can afford to hire someone else to clean it :D
  7. O

Questions about replacing a shower

I am planning to replace my 1970's fiberglass tub/shower unit with a shower made of cultured marble. Before I start ripping anything apart, I just want to make sure I am in the ballpark on a few matters. The backer is my big trouble spot. After reading on this forum, it looks like the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks