Recent content by Olga

1. Olga

faucet replacement

Thanks a lot for your answers. The old handle was about 1" off the plate and that is how I liked it. Minor deviations from that to one side or the other would be OK. I just don't want something too far off either way. Also, could I ask the plumber to assemble everything and turn on water (to...
  2. Olga

pipe corrosion

Thanks a lot, I will try this today. Update: I have also noticed that when I turn on the washing machine, I can hear a dripping sound if I run to the main valve and stand next to it. This sound is heard for only 1-2 seconds and then disappears. But I could see no water on the valve, it is...
  3. Olga

faucet replacement

Hi, everyone: I am in the process of remodeling the master bathroom and have already demolished the bathtub/shower alcove walls. I am going to get a plumber to replace the old fixtures with new ones, and I have settled for Moen as the original fixtures were Moen's and they have worked for...
  4. Olga

pipe corrosion

Thanks a lot, everyone. I have thought that it is not a mineral deposit as it is fluffy, not hard as I would expect a mineral deposit to be. This build up in on threads and handle, but the valve is currently not leaking. By the way, I noticed exactly the same build up on a water heater pipe...
  5. Olga

pipe corrosion

Hi, guys: I am new here as well as to plumbing. Just recently I noticed a white fluffy residue on the main shutoff water valve in the basement (dezincation?). My question is when I should start to worry about the potential valve breakage? Or should I replace it ASAP? The house is 24 years...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks