Recent content by Oldtimm

1. Oldtimm

Removing Ty-seal from Cast Iron hub

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but does anyone have any word on whether or not newbie420's solution is a good one? I am currently dealing with this exact same situation. Gut feeling seems to say that a reducing Fernco over the hub is not a good idea with broken pipe and an old...
  2. Oldtimm

Venting a basement shower remodel

Hey Wayne, Thanks for your advice. Seems to me that Option B is going to be the path of least resistance. This makes sense to me on why option A wouldn't be to code. There's just not really a ton of room for option A2 to be done cleanly, and I have no problem with Option B now that I know that...
  3. Oldtimm

Venting a basement shower remodel

Hello all, In the process of a remodel and I'm trying to wrap my head around how to vent the shower. The way I see it, I have two options based on where everything needs to be. Option A (red lines are my proposed runs): Option B: The shower trap will be too close to the wall to fork off of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks