Recent content by OldRadio99

1. OldRadio99

Cold drafts in basement

I will have my furnace guy look when he does my spring cleaning. Maybe he can run another exhaust line. Thanks.
  2. OldRadio99

Cold drafts in basement

Could I, or really should I, connect to the same PVC I use for my furnace vent with a Y connection? The old hot water heater was a closer connection of the flue to the heater while this one has a 1 inch gap.
  3. OldRadio99

Cold drafts in basement

Over this past weekend my 12 year old water heater leaked. No plumber would come out without a village permit. And it being Presidents' Day, that would mean 3-4 days without hot water. So off I went to Home Depot and bought this...
  4. OldRadio99

Over analyzing Toilet Choice - what do I do? round bowl, comfort height.

I appreciate the advice but the Toto does not come in a round tall which is a problem for me. Any other suggestions for a round tall? If you use the Fluidmaster waxless seal, push it onto the bottom of the bowl first.
  5. OldRadio99

Over analyzing Toilet Choice - what do I do? round bowl, comfort height.

Bathroom remodel from hell in the Chicago area :mad: After reading here and elsewhere, I had narrowed my choice to one of these: Toto Drake - Except taller only comes in elongated and due to space, round is preferred. Eljer Titan - actually found Titan's at ******* (local big box) in a...
  6. OldRadio99

Whirlpool choices and selection

Here is a topic I did not find addresses.... or at least I did not find it. In our bathroom remodel, we are replacing a 20 year old whirlpool with a new whirlpool tub. We are going with 36x60. I am overwhelmed with the choices and brands. Initial choice was an American Starndard from a...
  7. OldRadio99

When is white not white.

So if I go elongated to be "male friendly" as was suggested, is the Drake still the best? I noticed that that thread started back in '06. And Cotton White more closely matches MAAX's white?
  8. OldRadio99

When is white not white.

In the midst of planning for a bathroom remodel. Decided on a white MAAX Topaz whirlpool but was advised by a salesrep to be careful on buying a toilet. He said, as an example, American Standard white is not the same as MAAX white. But Kohler was a closer match. Terry, how do you mix and...
  9. OldRadio99

Bathroom remodel - long spout???

I just looked. The $200 doesnt scare me but the fact that it doesnt come in stainless steel or nickle does. Wife does not want chrome.
  10. OldRadio99

There is not enough of a deck do drill through the tub so any Roman faucet would have to be as long - 10"+ plus
  11. OldRadio99

We are in planning stages of a bathroom model and are just beginning to purchase all the materials needed. We had planned on using an American Standard tub model 2425L, However, if you look at the tech drawing of the tub, it appears to be 10 1/2 inches from the edge of the tub (wall) to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks