Recent content by OldBat

1. OldBat

Iron pre-filter for RO

Bumping my original thread because the new one got derailed due to my misremember some advice from this one. Which one do you recommend? They have two adjustable ratio, four fixed and several smaller (cheaper) adjustables that appear to be just the guts to rebuild and or upgrade a fixed to an...
  2. OldBat

Iron filter sizing

Thanks. Went back to the old thread and he was just referring to where to inject the chlorine. I was remembering it as the whole filtration system.
  3. OldBat

Iron filter sizing

Was lead to believe it would work either way and that there were differing opinions on which is best. Only brought it up because of my idea of bypassing hose bibs which will require filters downstream.
  4. OldBat

Iron filter sizing

Pressure tank and pressure switch are together. Both inside rather than at the well, while this might not be normal it has worked for 23 years. Will keep them together if I move or replace the pressure tank. No extra space where it is currently located, plenty where I'm planing on putting the...
  5. OldBat

Iron filter sizing

Came here a couple of years ago for advice on a clear water iron filter. Had my hopes of a tiny drinking water only system dashed:( Consensus was whole house chlorine injection, contact tank and some type of carbon filter to remove the oxidized iron and excess chlorine. Real life and an empty...
  6. OldBat

Iron pre-filter for RO

Sorry for the delay, just received my TDS meter today. Good news is that it is only 55 ppm and agrees with the test strip result below. Not a whole lot worse than our bottled water at 16 ppm. Mikey, thanks for the lead! ~$500 is a bit more palatable than the $1,200 I had been finding for...
  7. OldBat

Iron pre-filter for RO

Thanks both! Searching for "chlorine injection" and not liking what I have found so far. Complete systems that are way over my budget and components that are not specked in a friendly to DIYSers way. Will keep searching... Last professional test was long ago. Just ran a cheep kit a few days...
  8. OldBat

Iron pre-filter for RO

Hi, new here. On a drilled well and have suffered with clear water iron >5PPM plus iron bacteria for years. Simple filters are not effective and every time I have researched something that might work it was cost prohibitive. Was recently given a 5 stage with RO for just drinking water. Have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks