Recent content by oldandslow

1. oldandslow

How to tie in a back-to-back sink to an existing horizontal drain line?

Once again, I appreciate all the information - I've learned a lot about plumbing! I've also learned that I don't need a utility sink that badly - the bucket and hose in the backyard will continue do just fine for washing paint brushes, etc. I won't do a project "wrong", but I'm also not going...
  2. oldandslow

Thanks Wayne, WorthFlorida – great info! Let me see if I understand – responses and questions in blue Wayne’s comments: OK, two important points that are not reflected in your proposed layout: - Under the UPC, the laundry sink needs a 2" drain (Table 702.1, footnote 2) Rob: Understood – I’m...
  3. oldandslow

OK, here are the pictures of the existing plumbing (Pics 1A and 1B), and what I hope to accomplish (Pics 2 and 3). Here's my best guess at how it all goes together - appreciate all corrections and suggestions!! Pictures 1A and 1B: Here's what's currently installed (or my best guesses based on...
  4. oldandslow

Thanks WorthFlorida, Wayne! This gives me a lot to work with. My next step is to fully open the well, confirm the vent stack is dry, take pictures, and draw a design of what I *understand* you're telling me...then you can tell me where I need to correct it! ;) Might be a while - this project...
  5. oldandslow

Hi Wayne, thanks for the information! 1) Code - I'm still researching, but it appears that City of Kansas City, MO adheres to UPC 2) I'll measure the pipe when I open the other side of the wall (this is an old pic, I previously repaired the wallboard), but *guessing* from the hole in the stud...
  6. oldandslow

Hi WorthFlorida - Thanks for the quick reply, although for some reason I can only see it in the email notification, and not in the forum :(. Here's what was in the email: "That is the correct type of tee to use for a horizontal connection. However, this picture of the bathroom sink seems to...
  7. oldandslow

Hi Everyone, Thanks for a great forum! I want to add a utility sink in the basement backing to an existing bathroom sink, but I'm not sure how to connect the drain pipes. I searched the forum and found great examples using a "double fixture fitting", but my drain pipe runs sideways, not down...
  8. oldandslow

Help identifying bathroom sink faucet, probably Price Pfister

Thanks Mahuska - useful links, but the faucet stem/valve assembly is fine. I'm looking for replacement trim parts. Thanks HJ - I searched the net for "H44-12" (and variations) and found one hit on ****...
  9. oldandslow

Help identifying bathroom sink faucet, probably Price Pfister

Hi All, New here, but this looks like a great forum! Started by surfing the 'net to identify my bathroom sink faucet, found a similar post here, then searched further here. Apologies if I missed it, but I haven't found an exact hit. I also searched Price Pfister's partner website, Faucet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks