Recent content by Old Fart

1. Old Fart

Something special, or just 1†pvc?

No mansion, maybe smaller than your motor home. It’s next to my rental, typical starter home, same as my rental except it has a “paradise†room in the basement. The young man next door told me the inspector required the seller to replace the softener control valve when they bought the...
  2. Old Fart

Thankyou. That’s good information, both dealers have fleck parts. Now I can tell them what I am looking for and not have to ask what I need, this is good. Yesterday I found the trade name “Tuff Stuff’ on the tube of the iron filter I was cleaning up before installing my new gravel and...
  3. Old Fart

I GOOFED, I am bad. The Clack parts list called it “32mm distributor pipeâ€, I know better. In the US, pipe is measured by I.D., tubing is called out by O.D. Gary was right in calling it a tube. It needs to be 32mm outside diameter.
  4. Old Fart

I am trying to help out the neighbor next to my rental. My local dealers (2) would like him to replace his softener with one of their Erie or Rainsoft units that they sell & service. But if he is going to keep up the DIY stuff, he should junk the Clack valve and replace it with one of their...
  5. Old Fart

I am trying to find a new “32mm distributor pipe†about 4&1/2 ft. long. The parts list states “32mm & 50mm pipe not available from Clackâ€. Does that mean it is a common material or is this something that I need order out of Canada? I think they use metric stuff. It looks somewhat...
  6. Old Fart

Gravel or Garnet for the under bedding?

Thanks Gary, I will follow your advice, gravel, media, and seals it will be. I will pick those items up first thing in the morning. That will make the war department happy. She dislikes the taste of the tap water without the iron and ph filter, and refuses to drink the RO water except in...
  7. Old Fart

Fleck 9100 Timer ID

Pentair makes Fleck and Autotrol valves. PentairWaterTreatment.com, click on Fleck control valves. On the right side of the page, under Residential, is a list of Fleck & Autotrol valves. Click on a model number and it takes you to the spec sheets and the service manuals. I have about worn this...
  8. Old Fart

These filters were already installed when I bought the place in 1996. They were working OK to my way of thinking when I took them apart. Orange water comes in, clear water goes out. I started off just trying to do maintenance on them. I had read that the filter media is only good for 5 to 10...
  9. Old Fart

I had read that garnet was a good bit heavier than gravel. When looking at the materials, garnet was the size of BB’s and gravel was various sizes and much larger overall. The first dealer also suggested that I change the bottle size of my iron filter from 40x10 to 48x9. He had concerns...
  10. Old Fart

Does it matter which gravel material I use under Pyrolox or Filox and calcite filter media? One dealer feels 1/8 x 1/4 gravel or 8 – 12 mesh garnet will work just fine under Filox or calcite. The dealer outside town said I must use #8 garnet under Pyrolox, and I may not need anything...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks