Recent content by OklahomaDave

1. OklahomaDave

Pfister faucet, Finding right stem/cartridge for the original

Yeah, I suspect they would have. However, I had a torn-up shower used by half the family and didn't really have the luxury of waiting.
  2. OklahomaDave

NG Water Heater replacement: Reuse copper flex feed lines?

I know exactly what I would do differently. I'd set up a couple of blocks and put a piece of plywood across them, then put then pan on it. I'd then lift the heater into the pan (where I had complete access). I'd then take my automotive floor jack and roll it under everything, and lift it to...
  3. OklahomaDave

BTW, I just wanted to thank all those who replied here with their expertise and experience. You helped this DIYer put in a new 50-gallon heater with no trouble, other than physically moving it into position . That new drain pan has a few battle scars LOL. Even added a sediment trap to the gas...
  4. OklahomaDave

Just to close up this thread - given this had a bathroom torn down, I took a flyer on that stem/cartridge combo and it was the perfect, spot-on replacement. I had some seepage trouble when I first installed it, but a second go with a bit better hold of the stem against the valve solved that...
  5. OklahomaDave

I have an original single-handle shower faucet that I believe is failing, allowing cold supply water to run across to the hot side and make the temperature almost impossible to control (hot water barely lukewarm). The faucet is shown in the first pic. I believe it is a Pfister 971-250. But I...
  6. OklahomaDave

Thanks everyone..I used SS corrugated, and after only minor initial leaking, gradual pipe tightening cinched them up and we're good to go. The old copper flex lines were *really* stiff; much moreso than I expected. Appreciate the advice.
  7. OklahomaDave

No reason at all to reuse them. They're coming off. Thanks for the great advice and expertise. I've mentally done that part of the job several times now! Thanks again!
  8. OklahomaDave

I took another look and I'm going to use new SS corrugated flex. And, yes, that vent is not very well done. It isn't even screwed down. I will fix that when I replace the tank. Good catch!
  9. OklahomaDave

Hi all.. I am getting ready to replace our original, 20-year-old Bradford White water heater. The installer hooked it up during construction to the house water with copper flex lines, and I have heard differing opinions on whether it's a good idea to reuse them on the new tank. I am planning to...
  10. OklahomaDave

Securing disposal flange on new stainless sink

Thanks, Terry After re-checking the unit tonight, and running some actual food debris through it, and seeing no leaks, movement, or weakness, I'm declaring it good until and unless we have a problem. Not going to borrow any more trouble. Thanks everyone. -David
  11. OklahomaDave

Thanks, dj2, but I think I've not done a very good job of describing my situation. My apologies. The unit is already installed. I installed the mounting flange per the instructions, which I had done previously when I replaced this unit under our previous sink a few months ago, so I was not...
  12. OklahomaDave

Yes, I did read the instructions from the disposal mfr - in fact, downloaded the most current for my model before installing - and they explicitly said to use plumber's putty. That was consistent with the fact that there was no rubber gasket in the kit - only the "fiber" one that goes under the...
  13. OklahomaDave

Greetings! I have just completed the reinstallation of a garbage disposal into a new stainless sink in our kitchen, and while the install appears to have been successful, I am concerned about one thing. The previous sink into which this disposal was installed was essentially flat on the...
  14. OklahomaDave

Moving shutoff line...doable?

Thanks again for all the great replies. I thought I would post a follow-up to relate what happened. I did, in fact, have even more of an interference problem than I expected. I needed to clear a fraction more - perhaps 1/4" - than the height of the shutoff itself. I cut the existing feed pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks