Recent content by OHIOresident

1. OHIOresident

Testing CPVC. How long should the pressure stay at initial PSI?

Thanks for the info. I guess I need to look at my plumbing job again. The temp is only varying by 20 degrees either way, so my pressure change should be nowhere near 10-15 lbs. I will check the test fittings first. The decrease in psi is so slow I can't seem to locate it. Thanks again.
  2. OHIOresident

Yes, air. That is the norm for around here. It is just not advisable to pressure it any higher than 100psi.
  3. OHIOresident

I am trying to test some new CPVC plumbing I installed. If I pump the PSI up to 100lbs, it holds at that PSI for a few hours, but by the next day it is down to around 80psi. All of this plumbing is in an unheated area for now, so the temp in the building is between 20 to 35 degrees. Would the...
  4. OHIOresident

New bathroom. Is this drain layout OK?

Thank you for the advise. I'm not trying to save any money, just making sure I do it right. So I will keep the 2 inch dry vent and tie that into the existing 3 inch vent going up through the roof. The 2 inch dry vent is about 6 feet left of the existing 3 inch roof vent. I can easily tie into...
  5. OHIOresident

So, if I take the sink drain from the other room out of the mix, does everything else look good then? Thanks to everyone for the replys. I know this is a pretty simple bathroom, but I am also not a plumber and all of you have been helping a lot.
  6. OHIOresident

Terry, the sink that comes in on the right is just a utility sink and it also has a vent off of it. So, I am ok then?
  7. OHIOresident

Thanks Chad. I agree about the tub drain. My bad. It would have to be 2 inch if wet vented. This is why I ask questions on this site. People here give good advise. I don't know about the lav arm though. It is not part of the venting and don't know if it is considered a wet vent. I thought I read...
  8. OHIOresident

I am adding a new bathroom to my house. I am going to tie into the existing 3 inch drain pipe. There is currently a 2 inch sink drain that runs to the existing 3 inch drain. My new bathroom goes right between that sink and the main drain. I have created the attached drawing of what I am...
  9. OHIOresident

670' residential water line. What size should I use

The rain shower head I picked out flows 2.5gpm/80psi/1/2" line. The body sprayers I picked out each flow 2.0 gpm/80psi/1/2" line. So, I guess the flow rate I need for the shower alone if nothing else in the house is being used and I have the rain head and body sprayers on is a total of 10.5gpm...
  10. OHIOresident

I just talked to the water service department and they said that there is no monthly difference in billing price between the 1" and 1 1/2" meter. Just the inital cost of the meter is different. They also told me that the output side of the meter would have 70lbs of pressure. I guess there is a...
  11. OHIOresident

I think the only variable that was missing is the pressure at the street. I have found out that the pressure at the street is 75lbs. Fixtures: 1 kitchen sink, 4 bath sinks, 2 bathtubs, 1 shower, my new planned shower with shower head, rain head, four body sprayers, 3 toilets all at 1.6 gpf, 1...
  12. OHIOresident

Everyone has been great with their responses. This site is a valuable tool not only for professionals, but also for people like me that just want to know how things should be done right. The elevation thing now has me concerned. I live in a hilly area. From the meter there is about a 20' drop in...
  13. OHIOresident

Terry, that is some great detail. It seems like the consensus is that I use a 1" meter with a 1 1/2" line, correct? Please help with a few more questions that I have and then I will stop bugging everyone. To everyone that responded to my post, I really appreciate it more than you can imagine...
  14. OHIOresident

Thanks for the reply so far. Worsnup, I'm not a plumber nor an architect. A scale drawing done by me wouldn't be any better than if I let my 9 year old do it. Sorry. I have three toilets, one kitchen faucet, four lav faucets, two bathtubs, washing machine, and I am planning on remodeling my...
  15. OHIOresident

I am going to hook up to the city water line because my well is shot. My house is 670 feet from the road. I have the option of installing a 1" or 1 1/2" water line with matching tap, meter, etc. I am concerned about the water pressure and volume of water at the house because of the distance. Can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks