Recent content by OfficeLinebacker

1. OfficeLinebacker

More tub to shower conversion

Personally I would go with the black rubber adapter (the kind with a big hose clamp on each end) because AFAIK that's exactly what they were designed for. Not a pro. Barely even qualified to be considered a plumbing dilettante.
  2. OfficeLinebacker

Swanstone Panels: Butting ends together on same wall

There should be instructions on the Swanstone website. I specifically eschewed Swanstone because I could not get the exact size for my alcove.
  3. OfficeLinebacker

More tub to shower conversion

That's just the top part of it. Presumably it makes the turns in or under the cement.
  4. OfficeLinebacker

shower floor

At this level of leak-proof-ness, I am discriminating based on ease of installation.
  5. OfficeLinebacker

Fiat Cascade Drain, Please help. What is this?

damn you guys are good. I ended up finding a drop-in fit with a white $15 one at Home Depot.
  6. OfficeLinebacker

Need to replace Shower mixing valve with separate cutoff valve for inputs.

jad--thanks for the explanation. I was searching on here last night for precisely that info. randy--yep, I tend to get upset sometimes and my wife is even worse. But I sometimes tell her that if the (cashier/Home Depolt Employee/customer service rep/whatever) were as smart, talented, and...
  7. OfficeLinebacker

shower floor

I'm all for the prefab shower bases or "receptors" as they are sometimes called. There is quite a variety in the sizes.
  8. OfficeLinebacker

Fiat Cascade Drain, Please help. What is this?

Hey, I have the exact same thing in my old shower pan. I just received a new Sterling Ensemble shower kit (base and walls) and it doesn't come with that part (I'd call it a shower drain but I don't know). Where DO you get one of those? I thought for sure it would come with the shower base...
  9. OfficeLinebacker

Shower mixer leak question

Wow, I had an almost identical problem. You can see my thread here: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?p=57025&posted=1#post57025 Luckily in my case the leak was at the front of the valve (but still in/behind the shower wall) and the greenboard just below it soaked up most of the...
  10. OfficeLinebacker

Deleting Tub/Shower for New Shower

Drain size considerations aside, if you're going shower-only, why don't you do the kits that come with the base and walls? I love the fiberglass deals that just nail right to the studs. No drywall needed! Even Silestone would probably be easier than tile to both install AND maintain. (I...
  11. OfficeLinebacker

Wow, that's pretty powerful stuff to give YOU a headache remotely over the internet. But to call the people with which I dealt "clueless" would be an insult to Alicia Silverstone's character in the epinonymous film. For the incompetence to be that universal across all three stores was...
  12. OfficeLinebacker

Hi. So after trips to Lowe's, The Great Indoors, and Home Depot, I left even more confused about faucets and somewhat poorer. I couldn't find a Delta 1700, though I surmised that you may have meant 1700 series, and there were several models that started with '17' such as 1755 to name one...
  13. OfficeLinebacker

Code question for tub DWV, and another ?

It appears that you can get this if you use their special order system. Most manufacturers offer the screw stops preinstalled on the valve for like ~$10-20 extra. However, woe unto him who must navigate one of the big box stores' special order process, especially for something as insignificant...
  14. OfficeLinebacker

Yep, the handle is a cheap plastic dealie made to look like crystal. Pulls out to regulate pressure (basically you just use it full blast--pulled all the way out--99% of the time, but you can regulate it, it's got maybe 3/4" of travel). Twists left for hotter, right for colder. Sweep is about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks