Recent content by Offbalance

1. Offbalance

A good septic pumper-person?

Sounds perfect! And since there's probably no way I could afford to pay his mileage to Seattle, how did you go about finding him in the first place? I'm not in the trades, and don't have many friends with septics, so I'm kind of at a loss to find someone without spending years of trial and error!
  2. Offbalance

A good septic pumper-person?

I've read enough on the forums here to know that there are good septic tank pump-out people, and some that are, um, not quite so good. The questions are: a) what does a good one do that the poor ones don't, b) how can I find a good one, and c) how do I check the work when they are complete...
  3. Offbalance

Need cleanout plug on septic line

I recently found (courtesy of a blockage in the outlet T on my first septic tank) that neither of my DWV cleanouts just outside of the house were capped. There are two cleanout pipes next to each other - one regular black 4" ABS, and the other very thin somewhat brittle 4" green sewer pipe. They...
  4. Offbalance

Multiple Hot Water Heaters

My genset will handle the 4500 Watt elements, but probably not if both fridges, the septic pump and the furnace all decide to start at the same time, so I may put the HWH on a separate transfer switch. And yes, Mr. Ballvalve, I had already planned to replace the cheesy plastic drain with a...
  5. Offbalance

Multiple Hot Water Heaters

Hey everyone - I have a question on multiple HWHs installed in my residence. When I bought the house it had two 40 gallon electric HWHs plumbed in series. It's a large house, and we have two teenage kids and relatives that visit for long periods. We have always enjoyed the voluminous amounts of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks