Recent content by Odysseus

1. Odysseus

Cooktop exhausts through thinwall tube though foundation. rainwater problem

And I still do not understand the purpose of or how to use the fernco. Elaboration would be helpful. My first attempted solution was the same 90 you propose, except that the exhaust tube is 6" and there was not enough room to fit a 6" street 90 between the existing 6" tube and the walkway...
  2. Odysseus

The first photo is in the cabinet under the cooktop, There are some black cooking utensils in the background which may confuse the picture, but the bottom of the cooktop exhaust is clearly shown (with the label with barcodes) joining to the flexible tube which is attached to the 4" to 6" stepup...
  3. Odysseus

Thank you for this guidance, which please help me better understand. The existing setup is a 4" cooktop downward exhaust joining the vertical 6" pvc tube, which takes a 90 degree turn about 18" below the join. I do not know whether the horizontal run from the 90 to the outside is encased in...
  4. Odysseus

I have logged a lot of time trying to waterproof the system and have reached the limit of my ability, so now want to concentrate on getting the water out after each rain (not sure how the water gets in, but it happens after each rain.) Also it does not drain itself. The water just stays until I...
  5. Odysseus

hj, thank you for your reply but i have no idea what it means. cacher_chick. I found an install manual: https://jennair.com/digitalassets/JED4430WS/Installation_Instruction_EN.pdf on page 6 it appears to me to confirm that PVC is acceptable. In any case that is how it was built so somehow I...
  6. Odysseus

Efforts so far have fallen short, as water keeps getting back into the exhaust tube, so now ready to try a sump pump option. I can think of two possible ways: One is to have a sump pump down in the elbow with an exhaust tube running the length of the existing pvc exhaust tube and dumping away...
  7. Odysseus

In hopes that y'all haven't lost all interest in this, here's a couple more ideas: A) build a concrete enclosure to replace the existing box, by which I can raise the opening 2 or 3" above grade (sufficient to keep pooling rainwater out). There would have to be a cover for the opening through...
  8. Odysseus

Thanks for the creative thinking. I could certainly do that, but at a huge multiple of costs, addition of tube shaft in 2nd story would be problematic, and there is a ceramic tile roof. That would be a distant last resort. Want to try to solve the challenge with the existing if poss. Is all 6"...
  9. Odysseus

8 x 10 x 10". This home was built by a custom builder 26 years ago, but I am unsure if I would give them the benefit of the doubt with respect to "design" of the exhaust tube. In my mind a 4" exhaust emptying into a 6" thinwall is definitely preferred over 4" (either smoothwall or corrugated)...
  10. Odysseus

A casita is a little box (literally a little house) Very helpful guidance on the corrugated. I am a bit timid about using PVC glue there. I have not found anything that slips into the 6" thinwall (actual interior diameter is approx 6.25 or 6.312 (can borrow a caliper if exact dimension helpful...
  11. Odysseus

I am a DIYer, so your kind patience appreciated. We just move into a new (to us) existing home which has a downdraft cooktop in the kitchen. The 4" downdraft exhaust goes down into the cabinet the space beneath, joins to a 6" thinwall PVC tube coming up from the foundation, then makes a...
  12. Odysseus

pump getting electricity, but not starting

I realized from your replies (thank you for these) that I mis-described the pump. It is an irrigation pump (dry, not submersible. Apology.) Had to make an emergency trip out of town just after my last post. While driving, I got to wondering if it had come on because of being off overnight...
  13. Odysseus

Is there additional information that I can provide which might help formulate one or more questions that might help me solve this? Thanks.
  14. Odysseus

I have a 1/2hp lift pump in my rainwater collection system that pumps water from the collection tanks at my house to storage tanks 100' away. The collection tanks have a float switch that comes on after water rises a few inches and pumps water to the storage tanks until the water level drops...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks