Recent content by OddsAndEnds

1. OddsAndEnds

DWV Venting Layout IPC

Thanks for the look wwhitney, at first look I didn’t think at all possible to get lav back vented whatsoever but after opening more wall than I really wanted to I think I can get it above flr before going horizontal then back up, would just fo away with vent between WC and lav at that point...
  2. OddsAndEnds

DWV Venting Layout IPC

About to glue up, lav is within 6ft of vertical vent and WC is within 6ft should I make the effort to back vent the lav as well.
  3. OddsAndEnds

DWV Venting Layout IPC

Under IPC and looking for feedback it’s a replumb and very restricted on my avenues. I could possibly maybe get lav back vented but this is what I would like to go with. Thank you in advance for feed back.
  4. OddsAndEnds

Gas union placement

Thanks for the look over fitter30 kinda figured I was ok just wanted to double check, very much appreciated.
  5. OddsAndEnds

Gas union placement

Is my placement of a union ok in this situation. IPC is kind of vague about their placement and thinking that as long as my shutoff is before the union, I should be ok. Thanks for any feedback.
  6. OddsAndEnds

DWV layout (revised)

So did a partial dry fit, changed stack a little and the big question is the horizontal wet vents, the best I can get my connections coming into the the back horizontal with my branches is less than 45 I know it’s supposed to be horizontal to horizontal but it’s the best I can do without...
  7. OddsAndEnds

Horizontal wet vent

First floor lav backvented 2” drops into basement, where main is horizontal against back wall pushed up to bottom of joist, would like to run across and through joist with lav pick up shower and come down bay to make my connection to main horizontal running against back wall, my horizontal to...
  8. OddsAndEnds

Horizontal wet vent

Just wanted to double check if somebody is willing to give a look that I am good in my horizontal wet vent, when my lav comes down I have to run across a couple joist bays horizontal to get into a bay to pick up shower and have a better horizontal connection to my main horizontal tying it in...
  9. OddsAndEnds

DWV layout (revised)

So I re-worked stack a little, brought the kitchen and washer over and tied it into second fl and took to stack. Re-worked first floor bath groups down sized line to 3” and got wc above stack tied in. Got rid of that ridiculous vtr line, and now have the room to bring my branches in on a regular...
  10. OddsAndEnds

DWV layout (revised)

Already did, and I can get it all the way out up above and since I have nothing glued yet I might just reframe 2x6 tub wall it ran through and put back in 2nd floor stack, and it gives me the space I need for my connections. Finding it’s easier to run kitchen 2nd fl in the back and baths in the...
  11. OddsAndEnds

DWV layout (revised)

That blue one is the vtr that like I said is pointless and runs from their horizontal back to where second floor goes up in that 2x6 tub wall and straight up through and was intended to backvent into but it serves no purpose running all the way into basement when I can tie my vents in up top...
  12. OddsAndEnds

DWV layout (revised)

Did a fast sketch, I am on track with you I believe, can try to get you plan for joist and rafter stuff but I only have a couple usable walls because of triple and double joist on top of walls I do have the two lavs backvented and an open space up top to tie it all into and tie into that vtr...
  13. OddsAndEnds

DWV layout (revised)

This is the first floor layout, the tub 2x6 wall is where the 3” second floor goes up And the 3” vtr goes up through, vtr on left ,2nd on right, tub and valve in middle. The lav on right I was able to get a vent going up drain landed right next to stud so I followed it straight up with vent but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks