Recent content by NYRich

1. N

Water softener drain in basement

Thanks for the reply. I have done some searching on the site and I come up with recommendations similar to what I'm proposing: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?5119-water-softener-drain The situation here is much like mine, except no current water softener installed and two...
  2. N

Water softener drain in basement

I am replacing my water softener installed in the basement. At the same time, I need to fix the original drain connection. When we purchased the house, the photo below shows the softener drain line installation. I'm not sure if this was the original configuration when the house was built or done...
  3. N

Softener Sizing and Selection

Thanks both of you for replying. I have reviewed your website Gary and others as well. I'm still not following you though - the only thing I can figure is you don't like the 40+ gal/person/day and 7 gpg hardness. Those are real numbers though. If I use those and follow your website - 4 people x...
  4. N

Softener Sizing and Selection

I know these sizing questions come up often, but I thought I would see if anyone would comment on my situation. Original owner installed GE softener has a cracked body, so I'm planning a replacement I'll do myself. At this time I'm looking at basic Fleck (5600 timer) or maybe an Autotrol. Water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks