Recent content by NTM

1. NTM

Brass vs Plastic PEX B fittings

I am installing a shower using PEX B with copper crimp rings. I need to use a 90 degree elbows for my hot and cold PEX lines to reach the mixing valve without kinking them. Should I use plastic or brass PEX fittings? Cost is not an issue, I'm just looking for the most reliable option because I...
  2. NTM

Question on shimming bathtub flange

I could just shim the back and sides, but use furring strips for the front?
  3. NTM

Heres a few pictures.
  4. NTM

I just put in an alcove bathtub and I am ready to shim and screw the flange into the studs. However, the front of the tub has about an inch gap between flange and studs. I can put about two shims between the gap. Should I use something else, or is double-shimming okay? Also, what size screws...
  5. NTM

Proper technique for setting a tub in mortar?

I am setting an alcove tub (60x32) in a bed of mortar but I want to know the specific technique I should apply. My tub has 4 supporting feet but the manufacturer specifies that mortar is also needed. During my reading on this site, I read that Terry suggested to put piles of mortar down to...
  6. NTM

Does PVC need to "bottom out" inside fitting.

I primed and cemented PVC pipe and fitting (1.5 inch bathtub drain) according to manufacturer's instructions and then quickly pushed the pipe in as hard as I could with a quarter turn. However, as shown in the first picture, the PVC pipe went in about 1/2 inch and did not "bottom out" the full...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks