Recent content by nottick

1. nottick

Kohler Wellworth Model 11471

Hello and again I will say thanks in advance to any and all that can provide assistance. Removed an American Standard bowl, back of tank was dead 12 inches from the back of tank to the center of bolts. Pipes are firm in the ground and did not move while removal took place. Installed...
  2. nottick

Problems with GE Hot Water Heater

HJ, replaced what was broken As is the case with most of the posts I do here, I tend to inherit the problems after a staff member has screwed-up. After some questioning of the individuals involved I was able to learn that the power was turned after the tank had begun to be filled. I did...
  3. nottick

GE Water heater Being as the top access panel is where I had the spark, can I assume the top element and thermostat are the only things that need to be replaced?
  4. nottick

A GE water heater( 30 gallon) manufactured by Rheem was installed. It was powered "on" before it was fully filled. It made hot water the first day, the second day I had to press "reset" button. today, third day still no hot water, pressed "reset" button and the thing blew the breaker...
  5. nottick

Installing a dusk til dawn sensor

Install dusk to dawn sensor ( Epiloque and a THANKS to all who assisted) 1- Please accept apologies if I don't communicate well as English is not my first language. 2- This issue was resolved as such; I installed a new switch ( from inventory), still had same problem. Installed a third...
  6. nottick

Hillbilly My feed comes up the pole. ( lamppost). The flagpole light wires come from the fixture up the pole. I have correctly identified which is which. I also tried this ; installed sensor to just the pole ( lamppost fixture) - it remained on all the time. THen installed sensor to...
  7. nottick

WV Hillbilly I tried both . Each time the first light remained "on"
  8. nottick

Codeone "So in this lamp post you have two conductors coming from the house a hot and a neutral going up the pole to the sensor" As of right now I do not have a sensor installed, but yes, I have a hot and neutral coming up the pole. It is connected to the pole fixture.LIght is constantly on...
  9. nottick

Codeone The sensor is mounted on the pole of the first fixture.( the first fixture is an exterior garden lamppost) of the first fixture. The first fixture is the one that remains "on". This feeds the second fixture which is a light for a flag pole. This one works fine ( goes on and off by...
  10. nottick

Response to codeone Codeone, From the breaker the service goes directly to a fixture. and then to the second fixture ( which is about two feet away). There was an existing sensor which controlled both fixtures. Everything worked fine ; the previous sensor was smashed and needed to be...
  11. nottick

Thank you for the reply. You said "The feed is the 120V power. it goes to the black wire of the photo cell (which you refer to as the switch) The red wire goes to the black wire(s) going to the fixtures. It sounds like you have the black power hooked to one of the black fixture wires...
  12. nottick

Dusk til dawn switch( sensor) I understand that - Red - to black wire of fixtures. Did this ,but one remains on all thevtime
  13. nottick

Hello ~ I am having a huge headache with a dusk til dawn sensor switch. The switch has three wires, red black and white. It has to service two seperate light fixtures. I have tied the feed to the red, tied all black wires together to the black wire from the switch, all whites together...
  14. nottick

Wiring Solenoid Valves for Sprinkler Manifold

Thanks Fellows My installation took place without any problems. Of course figuring out how to program the timer was another story - but the installation went well.. Again I owe thanks to this forum for the assistance I receive. :D
  15. nottick

Wiring Solenoid Valves for Sprinkler Manifold

Hello. I have my manifold built, valves installed. Control mounted, etc. All I have to do now is figure out how to wire the valves to the five wires( I used a five wire jacket - four zones and common, right???) Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I beleive figure 8 in this page is what I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks