Recent content by Not_Handy

1. Not_Handy

Cracked Crane water closet

Another Crane Toilet Cracked! Interesting follow-up. A woman at my workplace just had a toilet spontaneously crack open while everyone was out of the house few days ago. The toilet turned out to be a Crane. Apparently the insurance guy before even walking into the house said...'let me...
  2. Not_Handy

Followup to my comment previous of my situation with a 20 yr Crane toilet cracking spontaneously at 12:30AM. Thank goodness we were home when it happened. Here are my pics. The toilet sat flush, tank not overcranked nor rocking. Not moved in over 10 yrs. Picked up another Toto today. I...
  3. Not_Handy

Yes....just happened to me early this morning. Toilet 20 yrs old. We were sleeping and then at 12:30 am, woke up by a big loud 'wooosh' sound of water. Went into the master bathroom and the floor was flooding fast. Took a few seconds to figure out that the tank cracked and my wife quickly...
  4. Not_Handy

toilet flange basement too high - need advice

Just to follow-up since my first post. It took me months to figure out what to do. After thinking about it, I'm going to raise the bathroom floor with self-levelling underlayment. Flange is lob-sided with approx. 1/2 inch one side to 1/4 inch opposite side. The bathroom is 4x7 feet...
  5. Not_Handy

Thanks for the info everyone. The flange is PVC and it's in pretty good shape. The concrete underneath looks intact i.e. not flaking. I'll have to think carefully about how to deal with this problem but it has to be fixed now that I know why. I wish it didn't take me 14 years to figure it...
  6. Not_Handy

I have a toilet in the basement that's been leaking (odor, water) over the past 14 years despite multiple wax ring changes. Now after replacing a toilet upstairs with the a Toto I know realize the basement flange sits about 3/8" to 1/2" above the floor. I assume this has been the problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks