Recent content by Not Pretenting

1. Not Pretenting

Timer for Pool - 240v at the panel turned into 360v at the pool timer

Plus my pool guy made me question everything. He said my pump wasn’t turning on hard enough, it was getting hotter than normal, and was quieter. I had it where it was working and the timer was turning until he said my water was moving less and the pressure on my tank was higher. This is the...
  2. Not Pretenting

Hmmm. I’ll end up bring out an electrician. I’m just trying to get a better understanding. Wouldn’t the 2 hots be equal. 120vac. With the neutral / ground near zero. Just puzzles me because my mind is trying to understand how one reading is 120vac and the other being 240vac. When I’ve seen...
  3. Not Pretenting

Ok. So if pull the wire from line 3 (originally the 240vac) and put it into line 1 it will show 240vac on line 1 and line 2 now. And now line 3 has the 120vac show line 3 and line 4 will reflect 120vac. So the line that was in line 3 which is now in line 1 is the neutral? Which I don’t need...
  4. Not Pretenting

When I meter I go from green ground screw to screw on line 1. When I measure line 3. Same thing. Green ground screw to line line screw. Line 1 measures 120. Line 3 is 240 Line 2 is ran from green ground screw to line 2 screw while the pool pump is running. Same as line 4. Measured from...
  5. Not Pretenting

Thanks for responding. I see what you’re saying. I have residential and no commercial. What would cause the 240v reading on the 3 line. I see it’s impossible and read on multiple meters. Is it a grounding issue inside the timer casing. An arcing issue?
  6. Not Pretenting

Hi… totally confused and don’t pretend to be an electrician. My pool timer went out. It’s a T104. I changed it out and checked the volts on it. It’s a head scratcher. There’s a 40 amp double pole breaker in the panel. Each breaker tested out at 120volts for a total of 240v. At the new timer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks