Recent content by Northerner

1. N

final questions on manual transfer switch

I saw your old post about your generator set-up, and thought I’d pass something along to you about how to power sensitive electronics with your generator (please forgive me if you’ve picked this up in the interim). By the way, your generator is listed as having an automatic voltage regulator...
  2. N

Generac XG7000E and Interlock Kit

Thanks for giving this your time.:)
  3. N

Alas, I wouldn't ground my marine battery, which probably would put me at al kinds of risk :) (especially when you consider that my 100-watt transmitter has an earth ground). My best ham radio rig for emergency communications is in my car, and yes that is well-grounded to the chassis. But if...
  4. N

Thanks, Drick and jwelectric. Unfortunately, I now have three different opinions, one from the manufacturer's engineering manager who has a BS in electrical engineering, 15 years' experience in the design/manufacture of portable generators and wasn't trying to sell me a generator (I called him...
  5. N

DonL: I wouldn’t operate my ham radio equipment during a power outage, unless it was for emergency communications. If so, I would use a marine battery as a power source. My antennas are not above house level, and have lightning arrestors and a ground rod.
  6. N

I’m a homeowner and am thoroughly confused after reading this and other articles about grounding a generator. (I'm not an electrician, but am a licensed ham radio operator, so I know a little more about electricity and electronics than most homeowners, but honestly, not that much). I just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks