Recent content by Nj921

1. Nj921

Drain help!

It gets better. He didn’t pull a permit, and in the stage of Michigan (probably everywhere else too), a licensed plumber must pull the permit. Now he’s telling me for another $600, he will pull a permit and add nail plates to where he drilled those holes and fire caulk.
  2. Nj921

Drain help!

Plumber came out and did a hack job on my joists and the stud which is obviously an exterior wall.
  3. Nj921

How screwed am I? Pics attached

Thank you, i was hoping it was as easy as that. I should have did the work myself, even I know that was not the way to do things!
  4. Nj921

It’s definitely less than 2” from the bottom, is there a fix without replacing them?
  5. Nj921

Well, had a plumber come out to move our main stack which had the toilet, tub, sinks and kitchen sink attached in the wall and soffit. Just wanted it as small as possible so when we drywall it isn’t a huge eyesore. Issues I can see, and I’m not a contractor. -drilled through joists at the...
  6. Nj921

Drain help!

Thank you!
  7. Nj921

Drain help!

Would I be able to drop it into the basement like this? Blue on the left is tub, blue in the right is upstairs sink, green is main. Toilet will be connected to main in the existing spot, just closer together. Everything else dropped down the walls into the basement and connected with wyes.
  8. Nj921

Drain help!

Could I simply put a Y vertically in that stack, have the toilet to the left attach in to it, and then run the drain right into the back end of that tee at the bottom of the toilet like in this pic? Straight up vertical is vent, toilet is to the left, and the green is where the tub drain would...
  9. Nj921

Drain help!

This one is the vent. The left one is the toilet.
  10. Nj921

Drain help!

Here’s the basement. That hole from the kitchen floor running down the window is right there. I can easily get all lines into the basement and meet right there, I just don’t know how to tie them in together safely.
  11. Nj921

Drain help!

I have full access to the main stack in the basement. It runs vertically straight down that wall. So if I were to attach them on the basement, can I simply run them straight down the wall into the basement and connect with a Y at the top of the stack? I don’t know enough about the venting to...
  12. Nj921

Drain help!

Is anybody able to help me figure out a way to condense this stack? It was in the soffit. I understand I can’t eliminate it or put it completely in the wall/ceiling because the joists are in the way, but I’d like it to be as small as possible! There is room and an opening right next to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks