Recent content by Nj6964

1. Nj6964

Indirect Heater decision

The internal bottle has cracked so nothing I can readily replace.
  2. Nj6964

Indirect Heater decision

I’m currently on my second boilermate after the first one leaked after 3 years and now second one is leaking after 2 years. Amtrol is offering to send me a new one with insight that they changed the internal plastic liner supplier and its improved performance. My question is, I’d prefer to have...
  3. Nj6964

Washer failure into sump pump?

Thanks! That’s helped me thinking a little on how to belt and suspenders the room. The bottom plate are all PT. A little caulking to the concrete would at least contain a spill to that room and maybe something hidden under the doorway threshold.
  4. Nj6964

Washer failure into sump pump?

I’m finishing my basement and my washing machine (which is plumbed to a drain per code) is positioned next to my sump pump pit. I was thinking there must be some way to utilize this convenient location in case of a major washer failure or leak. I know they make washer pans with a drain that I...
  5. Nj6964

Blue monster tape for gas (the blue one)

Thanks! Not sure I totally understand what you mean “work the tape into threads”. Does this mean don’t wrap it tight enough for the tape to form to the threads? I usually just wrap the threads somewhat firmly then dope them.
  6. Nj6964

Blue monster tape for gas (the blue one)

I’m doing some gas work and have a spot where I’d like to use tape over Megaloc. I see on my role of blue monster tape that it says approved for natural gas. But they also make a yellow one specifically for gas. The only difference seems to be the color pigment. Any reason not to use blue tape...
  7. Nj6964

Retrofit Americast mortar bed

Ok thanks so much everyone. Final plan is to shove small plastic bags full of quikrete mortar under the tub from one end. Maybe trowel some mortar at the end to keep the bags from shifting. Anyone object to that plan?
  8. Nj6964

I like this idea, very creative. Is there any problem if the mortar doesn’t get pushed all the way down close to the drain? Based on Terry’s photo above, you don’t need mortar all the way up toward the drain and mortar from 8-40” from one end is OK. I just found some CAD on American std...
  9. Nj6964

Hi TL forum! I installed an americast tub 3 years ago in my home and per the instructions did not bed it in mortar. It’s been bothering me ever since because it makes noise when you move around or step in certain spots. I spent forever leveling the ledger, but am now unsure if I needed just one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks