Recent content by nimrod

1. nimrod

Pex retrofit Question

it is perfectly acceptable to run a 3/4'' line up then brach out to each fixture , with pex you have to watch your loads as it cannot handle the wsfu that copper can . the advantage to running "home runs" from the basement to the second floor is the limited amount of joints that are concealed or...
  2. nimrod

manufactured home water heaters

yes it is a outside door with the water heater only in the space. over the years i have seen many reg water heaters in these spaces . i just want to know what the difference is between the two , also i find it interesting that the moble hoe units are convertable between lp and nat gas
  3. nimrod

manufactured home water heaters

is there any difference between a regular water heater and a manufactured home unit besides the side tappings and the air intake on the bottom ?if there is a vent in the floor already is it ok to install a regular water heater
  4. nimrod

Need Advice on Replacing Cast

when cutting metal of any kind with a sawsall it is better to cut at a lower speed [variable speed sawsall] make sure you use lennox or milwaukee bimetal blades .milwaukee makes a cast iron blade with diamonds in it . they are costly but they are worth it when cutting close to concrete floor on...
  5. nimrod

shallow well ?

thanks for the info guys , it was gravel in the jet . wheb i took it apart the day before i had a young man who was assisting in the pounding process clean out the pumping chamber and i didnt check it , i should know better :D any way they have water and i was able to set it at 35 - 55 also :)
  6. nimrod

Disconnecting well

it depends on the city or towns ordinance . i would just cap it for now as you may want to irrigate with the well in the future , just make sure there are no connections between each system keep them completly seperate . if they require it you may have to have a professional come out and abandon...
  7. nimrod

shallow well ?

thanks for the info sam , do you think the impeller is damaged from the earlier gravel situation? , it didnt look bad , and i did have to clean out the gravel out of the jet assembly earlier. jim
  8. nimrod

Question about mixing 4 inch pipe types?

the pipe you bought is schedule 40 pvc the existing pipe you have is 3034 ,sdr35 also know as thin wall sewer pipe . you can mix the two with 4'' ferncos or go buy the right pipe , you will still need the fernco to complete the repair .
  9. nimrod

shallow well ?

i am helping a older couple [in their 80's ] last week the point was plugged so we put some nu-well pellets in it , 2 times with blowing out the existing water out putting in a gallon then pellets then more water , i could fill the casing[1 1/4''] up and the water would go to the top and stay...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks