Recent content by Nick Suter

1. Nick Suter

Understanding PEX pressure loss

Thanks hj, I was having a very hard time trying to determine that. The supply to the manabloc is 1 inch. Supply is 40-45PSI. The shower pressure loss is 33.42PSI. I assume this means I will never reach the ~9gal/min flow of the shower head & 4 jets.
  2. Nick Suter

Thank you for the replies - I'm slowly getting it. Post manifold, each line's pressure drop is independent of each other, and according to my calculations none of my end points will drop below their restricted 2.5 gpm, as they will not go below 40PSI. My only outstanding confusion is surely at...
  3. Nick Suter

I'm concerned about post manifold pressure. The distance from water supply to manifold is ~15ft over 3/4" pipe. A simple example from the xls i created: Kitchen sink is 63.56ft from the manifold, using a 3/8" pipe. According to the PEX manual (the above images) that is a 24.44PSI loss. If I...
  4. Nick Suter

Thanks for clarifying hj's reply, however it doesn't make sense to me. If the 3/4" supply to the manifold only has (lets say) 70PSI, then doesn't turning on the 1st listed 2.5gal/min faucet reduce the over all system pressure by 24.44PSI? Leaving ~56PSI for the rest of the system? These are...
  5. Nick Suter

I'm having a new house built and the plumber just put in a parallel distribution PEX system. He put 3/8"s almost everywhere and I am trying to understand if it will be problematic. I have runs of up to 90ft, and an unknown rural city supply water pressure (60-70PSI?). The PEX design guide...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks