Recent content by Nicholas Shelley

1. Nicholas Shelley

Toilet over toilet, not a good idea.

Thank you all. I'm on it. I'll report back.
  2. Nicholas Shelley

Would back siphonage or negative pressure occur if a 1 1/2" sink drain was dumping into a 4" stack? Or does it need to be more proportionate?
  3. Nicholas Shelley

Hey fellas. I have a two story with a crawl space below. The toilet and tub connect to a double wye below the floor. The vent, or is it called stack, goes straight up out of that double wye thru the roof and the waste drops out of the double wye, turns and out to the street. It's all 4" cast...
  4. Nicholas Shelley

Not allowed to connect replacement water line to meter?

Boy that's frustrating. Your side of the meter is your business not theirs. Get all that junk out and put in a fresh line of pipe from the meter to the house. Boof Done!
  5. Nicholas Shelley

Can heat damage a rusted connection?

Regarding the union: I'll be removing from the elbow to the house so I'm cool there. And yea I was thinkin about going to copper while it's all open. So do you think the heat will screw up the elbow?
  6. Nicholas Shelley

Ok I'll drain it. So, you don't think heat would damage the elbow?
  7. Nicholas Shelley

Don't know the age of the pipe. House was built in 32. Probably not original but at least 30 years. The threads are still visible.
  8. Nicholas Shelley

I have a live 1" galvy service to my house. It's buried 18" deep. I dug it up. I want to unscrew a portion from the house side of an elbow to install a tee. I'm not touchin the meter side. The connection is decades old, rusted and probably brittle. I've been gently scraping, cleaning and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks