Recent content by NFLMVP

1. NFLMVP

Where to find model numbers for replacement parts

I meant to update here, sooner. I bought new burner assemblies for each of these units but decided to see how long they'll go with the cleanup I gave them, before they start acting up again. They've been running perfectly since the cleanup so I still haven't replaced the burners. Total...
  2. NFLMVP

It's a cost to benefit thing and since the cost is low and the potential benefits high, it's very low risk. File this under: Use it twice and it's half the price. If the cost of one of these units, plus installation was $1000 in 201o, our annual cost of ownership is under $100. For $100...
  3. NFLMVP

After removing the burner assembly, I discovered that one of the burners was pretty rust covered but the other looked much better. I cleaned them both up, put them back in and both units are operational. Both pilots and thermopiles were coated in white residue so I cleaned them up as well...
  4. NFLMVP

Understood. I have leak trays under each of these units, with overflow piped directly into the floor drain. Not in a position to replace either one at this point but I can afford to repair them myself if I can verify the parts compatibility. In the meantime, I just realized that the gas...
  5. NFLMVP

I've got two 11 year old Whirlpool Natural Gas water heaters that have both started exhibiting the same problem within a couple of months of each other. The pilot lights have been going out. When I relight them, there's some orange in the flame. One of these units has stayed lit, after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks