Recent content by Nesappa

1. Nesappa

Water Heater leaks at very specific time of night

Here is a final pic of the new PRV below. I went ahead and replaced the T&P and it stopped the new intermittent leaking. About 3 weeks of no leaks so I feel like we got it complete. I will add a block under the expansion tank to support thee weight. Thanks Nick Chattanooga
  2. Nesappa

*Update 02/24/2022: I have updated the connection at my expansion tank per a previous suggestion . Now we have threads so this should be secure. I am having leaking again at night as of a couple of nights ago (not sure of specific time yet, but this time is was earlier around 12:30 AM rather...
  3. Nesappa

*Update 01/30/2022: No discharge this morning post new PRV installation. Per Reach4 post above I will dribble and adjust the PSI, maybe down to 75 at the facet. I ll be checking the PRV again sometime this week to ensure no leaks at any of my unions and I will snap a pic and upload here to...
  4. Nesappa

Yes it is definitely after the PRV. I will dribble and adjust as necessary. Will likely be tomorrow at this point as I am out of time today but I wont worry too much until I can adjust it down. Got it on the water hose makes sense. Thanks,
  5. Nesappa

I may end up pluming in another PRV, who knows at this point, and if I do I suppose I would add T's and gauges before and after. Thats how the "this old house" video showed during repair and I liked the idea, but was hoping to remedy the problem and make future plans rather than go all out on...
  6. Nesappa

*Update 01/29/2022: New PRV is installed. Feel good about the install itself as orientation is correct and I have checked for leaks and nothing appears at the unions around the PRV. But, PSI is reading at 91 PSI at the outdoor faucet right after the PRV. A bit disconcerting for a PRV that has...
  7. Nesappa

Heard Reach4. Makes sense. I hope to wrap this thing up this weekend. I am going to work on installing the expansion tank horizontally with a bracket to for added security there also.
  8. Nesappa

*Update 01/26/2022: I have purchased the following as this appears to be a direct replacement. Repair kits are not available at this time that I can find, but I will be checking regularly to hope to grab one up when available...
  9. Nesappa

*Updated 01/24/2022. I turned the water off at the main last night around 8PM. I left pressure in the lines and left the WH on. No water discharge and no spike in PSI. This likely confirms PSI spike is coming from the city water through a the faulty PRV. I ll be looking to rebuild or replace...
  10. Nesappa

I will look into this and may likely install a bracket and move the ET to horizontal installation. Thanks,
  11. Nesappa

Im gonna research this and make a call to the water company per a prior suggestion. Makes sense I ll keep reading to find more sense out of it. I read this like having two PRVs in series. Setting the first to a higher PSI maybe 90 then a second at say 70. Something along these lines. Ive got...
  12. Nesappa

Makes 100% sense. Agreed on the deal with some bozo part. Been there done that a few times. Thats life I guess. Of note, places like this forum are a breath of fresh air and help restore peoples faith in humanity. I know I go a little overboard but getting feedback from like-minded folks...
  13. Nesappa

*Update #2 01/22/2022 Thanks again for all of the feedback guys it means a lot to my family and myself. I am very grateful to you all. I verified today that there IS in fact a PRV. It is after the water meter and before every single thing in the house it appears. It is the first thing I see...
  14. Nesappa

*Update 01/22/2021. Water Heater was turned off at the breaker at 8PM. See below photos taken at 3AM: 1. Pressure rise to 150 PSI indicated. Approximately 1/4 gallon of water discharge. 2. Pressure after 20 seconds or so of dribbling water. 3. Amount of water discharge. I will be checking...
  15. Nesappa

Got it, will leave the guage. I will have to look into time lapse and see what I have. Thanks again for the feedback.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks