Recent content by Neptune

1. Neptune

Anti-seize for shower trim?

I'm installing a Watermark Gramercy shower thermostatic control. The backplate is held in place by chrome plated threaded brass sleeves that leave very little space on the circumference to grab onto. My real concern is that over time corrosion will make the pieces very difficult to unscrew...
  2. Neptune

Which venting option is better?

Thanks for taking a look at this—I tend to favor D, too, but I’m not sure of the reasons why it provides adequate venting for the toilet. In particular— 1) Does the toilet actually not need a nearby vent (given the vent back at the stack)? If not, could the vent in photos B, C, and D just be...
  3. Neptune

Which venting option is better?

I want to move a toilet to the other side of a small second floor bathroom. It would sit next to a new shower with a new wall separating the two. The new 2†shower drain would connect into the new 3†toilet drain, which would then run across the room about 6 feet to the existing soil/vent...
  4. Neptune

Air chamber--drop elbow vs drop tee?

Thanks for your observations. I agree that an arrestor of any sort is probably not necessary, but I happen to have on hand a drop ear tee but not a drop ear elbow. So, I'm thinking--why not just use that and add another 14" of pipe with a cap, just to cover old school practice? This, then...
  5. Neptune

Air chamber--drop elbow vs drop tee?

Why does it seem customary to install an air chamber as a water hammer arrestor using a brass drop elbow with a tee fitting beneath it to branch off to a separate arm, like a saquaro cactus? Wouldn't it be easier just to use a brass drop tee and extend the piping up to form the air chamber...
  6. Neptune

Toilet venting under the Illinois Code

I'm interested in relocating a toilet to the other side of a second floor bathroom. This would entail a 3" drain with a developed length of about 8 feet back to the existing soil stack/vent. There would be no easy option to install an additional vent in the toilet drain anywhere near the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks