Recent content by Nelsonba

1. Nelsonba

Septic drain freezing issues

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. Nelsonba

Septic drain freezing issues

Hello. I’m buying a 2nd home in northern Minnesota that will be used only occasionally throughout the year. The current owner had issues in the past with water from the high efficiency furnace freezing between the house and the septic tank. His solution was to run the drain to a 100 gallon...
  3. Nelsonba

Low Profile Downlight in Drop Ceiling

I’m more concerned about the tile supporting the weight of the light. Is the other option to get standard recessed housing and support it on the grid with bar hangers and wire?
  4. Nelsonba

Low Profile Downlight in Drop Ceiling

Hello. I was wondering if it is acceptable to install this type of light in a drop ceiling? https://www.torchstar.us/torchstar-13-5w-6-inch-ultra-thin-led-recessed-light-with-j-box-3000k-dimmable-slim-panel-wafer-downlight-950lm-etl-energy-star-5-years-warranty-white.html
  5. Nelsonba

Adding outlets to a bedroom

OK. Looks like the circuit I'm dealing with runs to the entire 2nd floor as well as two bedrooms on the main floor. I'm thinking it's probably easier to just replace the breaker. I've done a little bit of work with that old wiring and I'd rather leave it undisturbed if possible. Assuming...
  6. Nelsonba

Thought so. A few more questions then. 1) Best way to find the first outlet? Identify everything on the circuit and start unhooking stuff until only one is left and still on? 2) What if the first thing is a light switch? 3) Should I unhook any existing ground wires on the...
  7. Nelsonba

Hello. I’d like to add a couple more outlets to a bedroom. The existing outlets are wired with old BX cable from the 1930s and test ok for ground. The outlets were grounded to the metal boxes. 1) Am I correct that the bx cable armor should not have been used as a ground with this type...
  8. Nelsonba

No neutral at light fixture?

Hello. Replacing a light fixture and I'm wondering if it makes sense for there to be no neutral wire. There was a short piece of white wire that just kind of fell out, but I can't find a bare wire where it would have been attached. Any ideas what might be going on? You can't see it in the...
  9. Nelsonba

New Sink Plumbing

I'm not sure that's going to do it. The drain opening for the dishwasher would need to be significantly higher on the pipe for it to work. Here is a picture with the existing parts I have. The problem is the dishwasher inlet hits the trap and I can't get it any higher. Pic for reference.
  10. Nelsonba

New Sink Plumbing

That might work, but if I'm still stuck for room do I get the other strainer? I have a similar piece, but I think it's an extension rather than a direct connect.
  11. Nelsonba

New Sink Plumbing

I'm running into some space issues (see photo). Do I need to try to find a shorter strainer basket? Some thing like this? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-Bay-4-5-in-Stainless-Steel-Standard-Post-Strainer-02561/100634297
  12. Nelsonba

New Sink Plumbing

45 from the wall pipe to the trap and then tailpipe with dishwasher drain straight out of sink drain into the trap?
  13. Nelsonba

New Sink Plumbing

Going from a double sink to a single and need to reconfigure a few things. I need to reach the trap. The drain will be a couple inches to the left of where the trap entrance is in these photos. Should I just drop a 90 out of the drain and run the pipe the dishwasher drain is connected to...
  14. Nelsonba

Recessed Lighting Options for Kitchen

Planning to do under cabinet lighting as well. I've also considering some type of track lighting instead of recessed.
  15. Nelsonba

Recessed Lighting Options for Kitchen

I've updated the floor plan with doors, windows, and cabinets. Cabinets are in green. The existing light is above the sink and it's 6 inch. The other existing light in the center of the room is on a separate switch, which I'd like to use to control the new cans. Right now that fixture has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks