Recent content by Nelrossen10

1. Nelrossen10

Costs for our house construction

Hi, we're at it let's create of various providers of prefabricated houses offers (2 offers are already available, will follow two offers. Unfortunately we have no experience and can not estimate really whether the offers are legitimate. So I would appreciate if someone experiences and has the...
  2. Nelrossen10

Quickest/best way to paint cabinet doors?

Either paint one side at a time (a lot of time spent waiting to dry) or use the hinge screw holes like a picture hanger. Take a couple of screws and put them back in the holes with picture wire around them. Hang them on something so you can get to all sides. Even though this will save time, it...
  3. Nelrossen10

Keep or replace old cast iron under slab?

Homes built up to the mid-1960's generally used cast iron drain lines. Cast Iron rusts from the inside out and generally lasts from 50 to 70 years before needing to be replaced. However, any home over 35 years of age is at increased risk of a failure at some point in the drain system due to...
  4. Nelrossen10

How do I remove a sink strainer

Start by removing the pipes that are connected to the old sink strainer. Once the fittings are out of the way remove the old strainer nut with a large pair of pliers. This can be a little tricky sometimes. If you cannot get a good grip on it you may need to cut the nut out before you can remove...
  5. Nelrossen10

Kitchen sink vent problem

The mechanical vent installed below your sink is the right idea, but those do wear out (they're spring-loaded). I'm not sure what kind of mileage you can get out of them, but try replacing it. , and simply screw in (no glue). The leak is a different problem... Either not tightened correctly or...
  6. Nelrossen10

Flange 1" too low with a tile floor

Yah, it would have been nice if the Lowe's guy had told me about those too. Thank you so much for the reassurance. I will probably go ahead and buy the extra thick wax ring like you said but for now until I get to the store, I am turning on the water and unlocking the door! Thank you!
  7. Nelrossen10

In the Trades Forum

Moving Average - Volume Weighted (VWMA) Definition The Volume Weighted Moving Average is a weighted moving average that uses the volume as the weighting factor, so that higher volume days have more weight. It is a non-cumulative moving average, in that only data within the time period is...
  8. Nelrossen10

Cast Iron better than clay pipe for sewers?

In the very early collection systems (especially for "separate" sanitary sewage systems), only lamp-holes were installed. It was soon learned that the lamp-holes were good for seeing (with a source of light) if the sewer in the main was indeed flowing, but they were almost useless as a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks