Recent content by NDT

1. NDT

Relocating basement clothes washer

Moving my washing machine about 20 feet from current location and replacing old unit with high efficiency front loader. I am reading that a 2-inch standpipe, p-trap, and drain is required in many states for these front loading machines (assuming due to increased pump discharge rate). My state...
  2. NDT

Relocating washing machine in basement

Also, is it just the first section of vertical vent that has to be within the specified distance (6 ft in this case) from the P-trap before the horizonal offset section. In the example posted could the horizonal offset be to the right (blue line added) and then the continuation of the vent...
  3. NDT

Thanks for the reply - I think that can work. Rather than the vent going up through roof in the attic above closet, can I go back 20 feet horizontally in the attic and tie into the main 3-inch vent stack?
  4. NDT

Moving my washing machine about 20 feet from current location (and 20 feet from main vent stack) so installing new p-trap, drain, and vent. P-trap and drain will be 2 inch; vent 1.5 inch. I understand (based on 248CMR 10.16(12)(a)) that the vent needs to be within 6 feet of the trap, but does...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks