Recent content by nc8861

1. nc8861

Installing coupling/pipe/bend in a tight space

I'm replacing a closet bend and a small section of 3" pipe going out to the main stack. My bend currently comes right up against a joist. So I don't really have much clearance on that end - and of course I don't have any clearance on the stack end. I have to cut the current stuff out, install a...
  2. nc8861

Double fixture tee or double sanitary tee?

And just to review - it's only when I'm doing a back-to-back installation (i.e. two different rooms) where I need a double fixture tee, right? Same room, two sinks = double sanitary. Correct?
  3. nc8861

Sam - Just for the sake of explanation - why don't you use the type you pictured in the lower picture?
  4. nc8861

Thanks all - I do already have an existing cleanout beneath the existing (single tee) fixture. I'm planning to cut above and below the existing single tee, & add my double tee. When adding a section of dwv pipe back in this vertical way, what's the best way to get couplings squeezed in there...
  5. nc8861

Thanks Terry - see OP though - these are two sinks on a double vanity. Another question - do these fittings have the slight drain angle built into the fitting?
  6. nc8861

For DWV on a single vanity to double vanity conversion. Double sanitary: http://images.grainger.com/images/products/small/SMALL-1WHU8.JPG Double fixture: http://images.grainger.com/images/products/1CNT8.JPG Can anyone recommend an online site for ABS fittings such as this (also on a...
  7. nc8861

Double vanity from single

I should also note that this is on an exterior wall. The supplies are in that wall, and the current drain line is drilled through a 2x4 stud to get over to the vent.
  8. nc8861

Double vanity from single

We had a single sink vanity in place. Now we're remodeling and will be getting a 60" double sink vanity. Unfortunately I cannot use the stubs/drain that are existing, because the vanity has cabinet/drawer vertical supports that are right where the current supplies stub out. Can someone tell...
  9. nc8861

Add flange extender or replace the whole thing?

What is the deal with ABS around here? (NC) - the local plumbing supply shop didn't have any either.
  10. nc8861

Home Depot didn't even carry ABS!? I'm going to try a local plumbers supply tomorrow.
  11. nc8861

HJ -Something like this?? http://www.shop.com/Muellar_03107H_4x3_HxSpg_Clos_Bend_-11111462-o!.shtml
  12. nc8861

HJ & others - does your local box store carry these closet bends? I've been to the blue one and they didn't have any....haven't tried the orange store yet....
  13. nc8861

Also, those tools are $50.....is there anything cheaper out there? I'm literally going to use this only once.
  14. nc8861

I'm reading a lot about closet bends....is there any difference between closet bends and a normal street bend?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks