Recent content by nc-terp

1. nc-terp

Moaning/Whistling sound coming from pipes

Same problem but no answer Last Fall, a very strange sound began happening intermittently in what sounded like the attic over my master bath and closet. I was convinced it was bees or some other insect. Contractors I was interviewing for a remodel job also thought bees. Well, we are in month...
  2. nc-terp

Kohler Cimarron normal water spot size

I just installed a Kohler Cimarron round bowl in a remodel at my daughtr's house, and the water spot in the bowl seems very small, just barely covering the discharge from the bowl. Kohler's website says the Cimarron has a "large" 10" x 11" water spot. I am pretty sure that isn't what we got in...
  3. nc-terp

No toilet flange?

Thanks I screwed the brass flange down with 3 large wood screws. I didn't pry up the lead (if that's what it was), I just installed the brass flange over top with a large bead of liquid nails under the flange around the opening. I used the closet bolts that came with the wax ring to install...
  4. nc-terp

No toilet flange?

I have just finished helping my daughter remodel a bathroom in an approx. 45-yr.-old house in North Carolina When we lifted the old toilet, I expected to see a 3 or 4 inch round hole in the floor with a flange with slots for the bolts all gunked up with wax. What I found was quite different...
  5. nc-terp

Doorless walk-in shower

I am getting ready to design a doorless walk-in shower for a master bath remodel and am having trouble finding any information on shower dimensions (length x width) that would work best for this configuration. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated, especoially if you have any experience...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks