Recent content by NavySuit

1. NavySuit

How to replace well pump (pics)?

It looks like just one pipe runs out to the well. The supply line going to the house (water softener treated) has a shutoff valve on it. I do not see any valves on the line going from the well to the pump.
  2. NavySuit

Can anyone help with this?
  3. NavySuit

Is it as simple as cutting the lines and reinstalling (electrical has to be done of course)? I would think that when I cut the line going to the well all the water would drain back down. Is there a priming procedure to get the new pump back up and running? There's also an expansion tank...
  4. NavySuit

Brine tank flooding Kinetico

I have a Kinetico water softener and the brine tank is flooding. The first time I caught it. I was able to manually open and close the float. I reinstalled it and the next day the hose at the float became disconnected. Is there anything I can do to keep it from sticking open? Also, I have a...
  5. NavySuit

What capacity is a Kinetico 2060?

Here is the spec sheet: Can anyone make sense of it? I see that it says that a 30,000 grain minimum is required. Is this for each tank? That would make sense if the 60 in the model number stands for grains. https://www.wassertechnik-boehm.de/upload/11770642-Datasheet-Kinetico-2060s.pdf
  6. NavySuit

What capacity is a Kinetico 2060?

What capacity (grains) is a Kinetico 2060?
  7. NavySuit

How much resin does a 8x40 tank need?

I have two kinetico 8x40 tanks. How much resin does each tank need?
  8. NavySuit

Where do you guys buy your resin?

Does the basket a the d tube need to be changed if switching to fine mesh?
  9. NavySuit

What iron test kit do you recommend?

I'm trying to test my water. I see that a lot of people recommend the Hach 5b for total hardness. What about testing for iron? Do you have a test kit that you recommend?
  10. NavySuit

Where do you guys buy your resin?

I've been looking online. I found some Purolite C100E for 114 a cu ft. I have an iron issue, since I'm on well water. Should I try finding some fine mesh resin. Let me know what brand or type of resin you recommend. I'm in the Orlando/Central Florida area, if you know if a local place...
  11. NavySuit

Do all Kinetico tanks contain gravel?

Does anyone know the amount of resin needed for my tanks? I have two 8x40 tanks. Does each tank contain 3/4 cuft of resin?
  12. NavySuit

I've noticed the water doesn't have suds like it used to. Also, I've noticed more iron. I haven't noticed any restrictions in water volume. I'm on well water. The kinetico reps seem to be very inexperienced that they send out. The last guy basically said he doesn't want to guess what is wrong...
  13. NavySuit

The last couple of techs have just suggested it. They do not seem to experienced. They, basically, say it is old and needs to be rebuilt or replaced. It is around a 20 year old kinetico. The guy that came out yesterday and couldn't diagnose it. He was just saying the head would need to be...
  14. NavySuit

I've been watching some videos on doing resin changes. It seems like they just dump out the resin, but I don't see any gravel coming out. Do all tanks contain gravel at the bottom? Should it be replaced during a resin change?
  15. NavySuit

How were tub and toilets normally run in the 80's?

I live in Florida, so my house is slab on grade. All of the plumbing in the house is on the south side. I'm assuming they ran the main drain along this side and just tied into it. I'm debating on whether to switch from a tub to a shower. I know a shower drain is supposed to be 2 inches. I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks