Recent content by Natup

1. Natup

Master Tiler or MasterCraft tiler, tile adhesion issues?

Tub will be replaced, but, they would be installing new tub and surrounding tile in-line with existing grout lines (i.e. I suspect there would again be contact)
  2. Natup

Would anyone care to comment on tiles set directly in contact with tub deck (at two points - one of which spans 30 inches). What sort of issues might arise (if any)? Hal
  3. Natup

Does Canadian Tire make a MasterCraft diamond blade? I suggested - I should have insisted - that we take the tile to a marble shop for cutting. I wasn't overly concerned about cuts around the window as they will be covered by trim. btw could you rip these with a grinder? Thankfully, the owner...
  4. Natup

Thanks Roberto Magniflex 8810 He pulled a few - I could clearly see trowel marks on the wall - I assume this means that their must be some air gaps. No damage to the wall, but would 24 hours be sufficient to create a firm bond? This is more like 1/4 over four feet. Do you think that most...
  5. Natup

Hi Jim. Would you say that these edges are unsupported:
  6. Natup

Tile & Shower Failures: A closer look a spot setting tile. Why this is a bad idea.

Hi John. Hope you are well. Not to hijack your thread (which is timely by the way) but I could use your review of my thread: "Master Tiler or MasterCraft tiler, tile adhesion issues?" You might be the only one to get the Mastercraft pun. Hal Toronto, On
  7. Natup

Illustrates depth of notch gaps:
  8. Natup

more pics These were pried from the wall to fix the niche
  9. Natup

The Ugly?? Gaps formed by notches Is this OK? btw - I was very careful not to damage the 1 day old thin set.
  10. Natup

More pics: the good Niche inspired by John W. Had him redo the grout lines.
  11. Natup

Dear setters (and sympathetic others) I’ve been engaged in my own bathroom renovation for the past 2 months. Initially, I was going to do the tiling myself, but decided that this best be left to a master tiler. I did my research and decided to go with a company supposedly has an excellent...
  12. Natup

Raimondi Tile Leveling System

OK, thanks guys. Lots to consider. I now have the floor removed - sistering joists to create level. Unfortunately, its the only bath/shower in the house - seems like a long way off to tiling (and showering). John, I may pick you brain a bit to consider lighting. Will head to your site when I get...
  13. Natup

Jim - thanks kindly for the link - unfortunately I didn't find reference to the tool specification (wall or floor) issue. I am gutting the bathroom down to joists and studs to create a perfectly flat floor (and walls). John (btw - I love your work on HouseBuzz)- large format tiles? - perhaps...
  14. Natup

Hi all - first time poster; long time reader. I'm gearing up for a complete DIY bathroom reno. I was thinking about purchasing the Raimondi Tile Leveling System as I have large format tiles. To anyone who has used this system: Can I get away with just purchasing the wall plier for both walls and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks