Recent content by natepyoung

1. N

Wiring Sub. pump

Thanks again i am so glad this forum is here for us cheap DIYers. I have attempted the 40/60 psi change and it really hasn't changed. I really feel like there is no power getting to the pump. Which as Valveman put it, it is hooked up to a 15 amp breaker. I am going to try the 30 amp. Of course I...
  2. N

Wiring Sub. pump

The wire is about 60 ft long. The pump is "Water ace" made by Myers and model is R201A. I bought it at Lowes which I know is far from ideal but, options are limited here. The pump cuts off when the water usage stops, with the pressure switch on. I will have to do some shopping to check the...
  3. N

Wiring Sub. pump

Ok, you guys solved my cistern pump problem. I ended up buying a 1/2 hp 230 volt 2 wire sub. pump. A chart in the installation instructions says to use 14/2 wire and a 15 amp breaker. Both of which seemed low to me but, I did it anyway. So everything is hooked up and ready to go but, it just...
  4. N

new pump jet vs. sub

Thanks for the info. I am looking into sub pumps and I am enjoying all the debate about CSVs. Hopefully it solves the problem. I'll update when I have a chance to do something (hopefully soon).
  5. N

new pump jet vs. sub

I am plumbing in a cistern on a sloped site. Our cistern is slightly below level to the house. The house is built on poles, 1st floor 8ft above grade at high end where the plumbing enters the house. (In hindsight, would have put the plumbing at the other end of the house, just stuck with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks